Days: Leo's Mom

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Reason #5 why I'm dead-set against this move.  JC would serve a similar, if not better, purpose coming back as Anjelica, stirring up trouble once again for Justin and Adrienne through her son, than she would as Diana Colville.

And if Diana just had to come back, well, I reiterate my earlier preference for Andrea Evans in the role.

They don't want to, which is stupid.  They finally have the chance to give them something to do other than break up or make back up, which pretty much defined them as a couple way back when, and they won't take it.

Stupid.

• Members

Strictly speaking, no. Judith played Anjelica for the Halloween episode as part of Hattie's dream, where Anjelica was essentially a physical manifestation of the devil. 

Personally, I agree with all of you. Having her back as Anjelica would be perfect. There was even an A.D. on one of the doors in Nashville. She could easily have been there, and come back using Leo as a wedge to mess with Adrienne by screwing with her kids. But no. Instead we get Diana Colville, probably WILDLY out of character (because I have a strong feeling they're gonna make her Anjelica in all but name).

Frustrating.

Danielle would have worked when they were concocting Paul's backstory-that-made-no-sense. We SAW Danielle and John in bed together, whereas John was never off screen when he supposedly slept with this Tori woman. If they wanted a secret son for John, that would've been the way to do it, and make him more like Leo. I'd have had the character that turned out to be Paul be a conniving jewel thief like his mama. But that ship's sailed. We don't need another son for John, even though we all know that's where they're going with this.

• Members

It's as if they intentionally didn't bring back JC as Anjelica because that's what fans would have expected.  But, there's a fine line between subverting expectations and plain pulling [!@#$%^&*] out of one's ass.

• Members

As I said on Facebook, between JC as Diana, and KL as Rex, it's almost as though DAYS' casting department's forgotten there's more than six actors for hire in Hollywood, as they're just cycling through the same people hoping no one cares enough to call it out. I'm waiting for six months from now when Tamara Braun comes back as a recast Nicole, Shawn Christian debuts as the new Mike Horton, and Eileen Davidson stuns Salem as a not-quite-dead Isabella.

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

I'm not going to speak for everyone, but I want DAYS to stop this ridiculous practice of rehiring actors for new and different roles.  It's fine when that actor played only minor or day player roles, but...Josh Taylor (ex-Chris) as Roman?  Wayne Northrop (ex-Roman) as Alex North?  Judi Evans (Adrienne) as Bonnie?  Kyle Lowder (ex-Brady) as Rex?  Judith Chapman (ex-Anjelica) as Diana?  Tamara Braun as, like, 17 different, front-burner characters?  If these actors (and others I'm probably forgetting/ignoring) are so valuable to Ken Corday and the other producers, then why not bring them back in their original roles?  We've already pointed out, for instance, how having JC come back as Anjelica (and not as Diana) could have just as much impact on the lives of Leo, Sonny, Justin and Adrienne.  And if WN could come back as Roman, as he's clearly expressed that he'd like to, I think there could be a way to do that without losing Taylor or Drake Hogestyn and still give all three men something valuable to do.

IMO, this practice of rehiring once-prominent actors to portray characters with no connections to their former ones is just one more thing that makes it difficult for DAYS viewers to invest in their show emotionally or take it seriously.  (I'm not even going to address the rampant resurrections of characters that should have remained dead, or the romantic and sexual hookups that are past bordering on incest at this point.)

Archived