God, I love this show, but hate the lead character/actor!!!!!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Agree with those who mentioned Linda Lavin on Alice and SMG on Buffy.

Sort of a 2nd lead with this one but I didn't like DiNozzo/Michael Weatherly on NCIS. I especially tended to fast-forward the first scene in the office where they all chitchat (mostly because of him)...although I still do it now, too, that he's gone. The narcissism and badgering was just annoying to me. To hear it from Eliza Dushku these days, it seems DiNozzo and Weatherly are not all that different.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

It almost pains me to say this, but Mariska Hargitay on SVU. I liked her/Olivia Benson well enough in the show's first few years when the squad was a true ensemble (Meloni, Belzer, Florek, Wong, Tunie, etc.) rather than the All Saint Olivia, All The Time Hour. Since MH has taken more and more control behind the scenes, the character has become insufferable. It became even worse after they added Scrappy Doo, ahem, Noah. Also at fault is the insipid writing, which helped neuter my favorite character, ADA Rafael Barba (they should have fired whoever came up with his final episode).

I have the last six or so episodes on my DVR and really have no desire to watch them. Time was, I couldn't wait for a brand new SVU episode. I know they want to break Gunsmoke's season record, but in hindsight they should have called it a day at least five years ago.

• Members

Amy Amy Amy!!!!!  I went from loving Mariska/Olivia and not wanting to watch The Closer because it felt like I was cheating to wanting Olivia Benson dead.  I don't believe an Elliot return could get me to tune back in, but Olivia in a coffin most certainly would!  

Whew!  I feel good getting that out.  

• Members

ITA with all of these. SMG hated doing it after season 3, and it shows. And ugh, please don't get me started with Fred. Abby had all these incredibly sexy, handsome men throwing themselves at her and it just never made sense. I think Luka even told her once she wasn't pretty enough to be that nasty, and he was right.

• 2 months later...