John

DAYS Renewed

Good news for soaps as a whole. I hope that the ratings begin to bounce back some. The show had a very unspectacular November sweeps, but the story did finally pick up for me in December.

13 minutes ago, Soaplovers said:

Good to hear. maybe if ratings perk up, maybe a slight increase on the budget :)

Honestly, the only way I see it getting a budget increase is if Sony somehow manages to monetize it in other ways beyond what NBC is paying in license fee to air it.

Streaming services for episodes 1-13,000. They have every single episode since day one. Plus they yank DAYS content off YouTube. Why not put 53 years of content sitting in storage to good use? 

P.s. congratulations DAYS!! 

I am glad that Days has been renewed. I have been enjoying it and think it's the best written and most interesting of the remaining soaps right now. 

1 hour ago, Gray Bunny said:

Streaming services for episodes 1-13,000. They have every single episode since day one. Plus they yank DAYS content off YouTube. Why not put 53 years of content sitting in storage to good use? 

P.s. congratulations DAYS!! 

That would be great, but would there be issues with royalties for performers and music rights to contend with?

Might not be economically feasible..

But then again, The Doctors is airing so maybe not.

2 hours ago, te. said:

It must be so ridiculously cheap at this point.

Well they only have one set for everything.....it becomes a hospital room, lawyer's office, mayor's office, dr. office, an apartment room, a hotel room, a restaurant.....etc...etc...