Sign in to follow this  
Toups

2019: The Directors and Writers Thread

52 minutes ago, RavenWhitney said:

Jack had a rough 2018.  His future son in law committed suicide and Jack's daughter found him. Jack posted all of this on his public FB page. In one FB post he thanks Brad for firing him and makes a passive aggressive comment that Brad did it a few weeks after the suicide.  So Jack was fired by Brad Bell. 

Wow, I'm sorry to hear that.  I had no idea.  Thanks for responding.

From the brief time I spent freelancing for a television show, I recognized that T.V. can be a rough, at times downright inhumane business.  It seems as though there is a better way to operate but it seems as though most people accept it for what it is, which is a shame. 

We see how many unhealthy relationships have been fostered through the "business as usual" mentality and a lot of people are being used and discarded.  It's very unfortunate, imo.

2 minutes ago, durk said:

I hearing that  Anthony Morina is liste as EP tomorrow and josh co EP

Correct. 

Just finished watching the episode (as sad as it is to watch for the known reason) and yes, Anthony Morina is the Executive Producer, Josh Griffith is the Co-EP and Mal Young still lists as Head Writer.

I’m guessing this starts that transition period where they mold and change what Mal Young wrote and planned in anticipation of their stuff.

1 hour ago, LondonScribe said:

Correct. 

Just finished watching the episode (as sad as it is to watch for the known reason) and yes, Anthony Morina is the Executive Producer, Josh Griffith is the Co-EP and Mal Young still lists as Head Writer.

I’m guessing this starts that transition period where they mold and change what Mal Young wrote and planned in anticipation of their stuff.

Wasn't expecting that

So Y&R tapes about 4-5 weeks in advance.   And I think they write 3-4 months in advance, so the writing credits might change some time in March/April.

That sad about Jack Smith's family.  Also, I thought he'd be a lifer at B&B

I read Bettina F. Bradbury passed away last month. 

5 hours ago, RavenWhitney said:

Eric Braeden said in an interview after KSJ death that Griffith's material airs in 3-4 weeks from now.

I wonder if they scrapped a lot of Mal's stories early??

On 2/5/2019 at 1:44 PM, RavenWhitney said:

Jack had a rough 2018.  His future son in law committed suicide and Jack's daughter found him. Jack posted all of this on his public FB page. In one FB post he thanks Brad for firing him and makes a passive aggressive comment that Brad did it a few weeks after the suicide.  So Jack was fired by Brad Bell. 

Oh that is so sad for Jack Smith. He has endured a lot over the years. That is pretty rough of Brad to do that to him in the circumstances.