2019: The Directors and Writers Thread

• Members

Wow, I'm sorry to hear that.  I had no idea.  Thanks for responding.

From the brief time I spent freelancing for a television show, I recognized that T.V. can be a rough, at times downright inhumane business.  It seems as though there is a better way to operate but it seems as though most people accept it for what it is, which is a shame. 

We see how many unhealthy relationships have been fostered through the "business as usual" mentality and a lot of people are being used and discarded.  It's very unfortunate, imo.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Correct. 

Just finished watching the episode (as sad as it is to watch for the known reason) and yes, Anthony Morina is the Executive Producer, Josh Griffith is the Co-EP and Mal Young still lists as Head Writer.

I’m guessing this starts that transition period where they mold and change what Mal Young wrote and planned in anticipation of their stuff.

• Administrator

So Y&R tapes about 4-5 weeks in advance.   And I think they write 3-4 months in advance, so the writing credits might change some time in March/April.

That sad about Jack Smith's family.  Also, I thought he'd be a lifer at B&B

I read Bettina F. Bradbury passed away last month. 

• Members

Sheri Anderson out at Days.  Knew this was coming when she moved from creative consultant to script writer.

VEwc0w1s_bigger.jpgSheri Anderson @sheriawriter

For those who are asking, I am no longer on the show, but had another great run there. My final script will air on Friday, March 15. Please tune in! ⏳ #Days

• Members

I don’t know if it means anything but Daran Little wrote tonight’s episode of Eastenders (25/2/18) 

Given how far in advance soaps write their episodes, it might mean nothing. But let’s be honest

Please register in order to view this content

Daran Little was only there because of Mal Young.

• 2 weeks later...