depboy

GH: January 2019 Discussion Thread

On 1/5/2019 at 11:14 PM, cassadine1991 said:

The Mike stuff has gotten so tiresome. 

On 1/6/2019 at 10:46 PM, AlexElizabeth said:

Agreed. I think the actor is fantastic but it's the same thing over and over again and I'm not feeling this stuff with Yvonne.

Agreed with both of you. It's literally the same thing over and over again.

12 hours ago, AlexElizabeth said:

I'm just fine with Oscar dying.

They probably did the scene with Oscar getting the news they way they did (no dialogue and we're just seeing everything through the window) because they know the kid can't handle this material.

Me too. I saw someone on Twitter compare Oscar to Cassie from Y&R. Um. No. They are nowhere near the same league. Oscar is a nobody who can't act. Most don't give a [!@#$%^&*] about him. I don't care that he's a retcon Quartermaine either. No thanks.

And LOL, that was my thought too; he couldn't handle the material so they "made a creative choice".

41 minutes ago, P.J. said:

Well, I'd bitch that GL's "hands" opening is worse than their 2003 opening....but this flicker book concept still reeks worse than either of them. 

I'd take all of GL's less than stellar openings over this one! lol

18 hours ago, Antoyne said:

That is an AWFUL opening.

Pretty much. 

And naturally, Sonny first.

19 hours ago, dragonflies said:

I'm dizzy just watching it

My God. Literally anyone with two brain cells could do better on their own computer. The flicker at the end is OK. At least it's not the other opening they had, I hated that one too. That was tragic and cheap too. This one just told the other to hold their beer ...

Edited by KMan101

4 hours ago, frequentsoapfan said:

That opening makes me dizzy

Me too. It's comically bad.

19 hours ago, Costello said:

I mean, just do a title screen as they did for years. As DAYS has done for 54 years. Doesn’t need updating. And it would be miles better than... *that*.

Yes!!!

In this day and age, Ryan is going to have to kill at least one major player to add stakes to that story.

I’m not sure Nina is a big enough draw, but I would be happy with her as a start.

38 minutes ago, titan1978 said:

In this day and age, Ryan is going to have to kill at least one major player to add stakes to that story.

I’m not sure Nina is a big enough draw, but I would be happy with her as a start.

I'd sure welcome it LOL

4 hours ago, OldGHFan said:

I miss the simple ambulance opening.    Soooo much better than this.  11 seconds for all those people?!?  Wow.

The simple ambulance opening would be so much better. They could have just updated it. I don't need to see the actors faces. But I do miss Faces of the Heart though. But in this day and age where you get like 10 seconds for an opening, the simple ambulance would work. It instantly gives the show an identity but since it doesn't really have one anymore ... 

7 hours ago, titan1978 said:

Could Lulu be even a remote possibility? I’m not sure what her story even is at this point other than Charlotte. It would be another death of one of Laura’s children, but I’m not sure how invested GH is in that branch of the Spencer family. 

Edited by Costello

29 minutes ago, Ryan Chamberlain said:

Ryan needs to kill Nina. 

Ryan needs to kill 3/4 of the current cast, starting with Sonny, Jason, Franco, and all the other degenerates permeating Port Charles.

5 hours ago, Costello said:

Could Lulu be even a remote possibility? I’m not sure what her story even is at this point other than Charlotte. It would be another death of one of Laura’s children, but I’m not sure how invested GH is in that branch of the Spencer family. 

I would hope not.  I think there is alot of story left for Lulu, though she is nowhere remotely close to being daytime's latest answer to EON's Nancy Karr.  Nancy was a far more intelligent character.

16 hours ago, titan1978 said:

My fantasy is he kills Franco after the wedding. The Friz fans get what they want and I get what I want. : )

3 hours ago, lcrtorch said:

My fantasy is he kills Franco after the wedding. The Friz fans get what they want and I get what I want. : )

I'm still shocked "Friz" have fans. I truly truly don't get it.

I've always said you could pair Liz with a wig on a broom handle and there are some who would ship it lol

I guess so far 3 versions of the opening, first one started with Sonny, 2nd one with Carly and today's opened with Laura