GH: January 2019 Discussion Thread

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Doctor Who famously took a fan-made intro and used it as their official one (with tweaks). ABC could have had a contest in which they provided certain specs (duration, images, music, etc) and let fans have at it. Might have been a good way to encourage engagement.

• Members

I don't hate it. Could be longer and slower. But, I don't hate it. Because. I have always wanted a GH opening with a gold backdrop. And, Jon is in it. For the first time in almost 20 [!@#$%^&*] years. JL is in the opening. 

Also. Remember this. Ad time is what is causing these short openings. This is why there's rarely any prime time theme songs anymore either. 

If you want to blame anyone. Blame the FCC. They are the cause of [!@#$%^&*] like this. Shows have been getting shorter and shorter for years. 

I'd to see this be another version of FOTH. With the golden backdrop. But, the FCC is not gonna be like here have a 1:24 opening. 

It would be beautiful if they redid that ending in that version with Ava/Ryan/Laura. 

• Members

Yeah, I don’t think we’ll ever see GH with a 30+ second intro like in the Riche era. I think B&B only airs its long intro once or twice a week. But simplicity can be fine. Many of our most iconic soap intros never featured actors, as we all know. ATWT should have just stuck with the spinning globe.

• Members

The best ATWT opening was the one with the bird. 

The one after that with the characters...well, the music in that sounded like a toilet flushing every few notes.

I wish we could get a long version of this maybe once a week. But, I still think they lost the rights to FOTH so....it still wouldn't work. Someone should do a fan made version of this. Slowed down. With the FOTH music. Cause, that's basically my dream opening. 

• Members

Don't forget for over 10 years, in the show's early years, it was just a black (and later blue) screen with simply the lettering with the name of the show.  I am still of the opinion that the  ambulance opening introduced in 1975 (first with a George Wright composition and later, "Autumn Leaves") was sort of a visual rip off of the prime time show "Medical Center", that aired on CBS at the time.

Archived