GH: January 2019 Discussion Thread

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Jean Passanante is retired and has left the industry, so let's leave her be..  I don't think she was the worst headwriter GH had, but, she was not good writing action/adventure stories and struggled with delivering a payoff to her stories, even where her ideas had potential, such as the Olivia Jerome return.  I'm not necessarily sold on her returning a story line consultant.   From what I have heard about Hogan Sheffer, he had many good ideas for the shows he wrote for, but grew tired and burnt out from interference from the networks and his producer bosses.  I don't have a problem with the current writing staff, actually.  I think the problem of lack of pizzazz lands on the shoulders of Valen/Varni, who insist on shoving characters down our throats who, we, as viewers don't care about.  Featuring the characters viewers really want to see is the "pizzazz"  that is really needed, not fattening the writing staff with another "chief" to interfere.

• Members

Too much story on this show goes on off-screen. Lucas/Brad/baby switch, this Lucy back-tracking,Wallow giving up her kid, etc....

Nice to see actor Chris Van Etten back as Chet. I like his chemistry with Kirsten Storms, and I would much prefer Maxie/Chet than Maxie/Peter.

It didn't take but three episodes to wreck Coby McLaughlin's character with his "cult leader" crap.   Hearing Shiloh reminded me of 

Please register in order to view this content

Julie Pinson on Y&R.....

This Yvonne story can go. Bring back Marcus after Yvonne passes and just go there with Stella/Mike for now.

Once again, RIP Susan Brown. Thank goodness they remembered her connection to Monica. I certainly wish Serena (Carly Schroeder) would come home for good this time.  

Lucy has long been missing from the PC scene. We need more Lucy/Felecia/Mac in the Ryan story, which is the main reason to tune in these days.

Current Ryan Chamberlain wish list

Feast of Three Kings      Nina

Martin Luther King Day      Franko

Groundhog's Day    Willow

Valentine's Day   Julian and Kim---two-fer    

I hope Obrecht blows the lid off the baby switch sooner than later.

I'm still pissed we didn't get a going away scene with the Britch instead of a letter, but again, off screen happenings.......

• Members

I appreciate your response. I just thought that Sheffer/Passanante made a good team on ATWT, and that the possibility of working together again might lure her out of retirement. Sheffer has a flair for the sensational (like Carlivati) and could also add a somewhat gothic element to the show. 

• Members

We all have our favs.. but it didn't seem like viewers really took to that pairing on ATWT.  And I think a good writer knows when to pick their battles especially if it's something they are passionate about.  

Going off topic, but Lorraine Broderick on AMC was the only one to truly write why Ryan/Greenlee were end game... she didn't write it that they were the loves of each other's lives.. but showed that both people had lost their loves and that bonded them together because both of them understood what the other was going through, etc.  Sometimes mandates can be made to work if you're creative enough to make them work.

If Nina, Franco, etc.. are contracted to be on 3 days a week.. maybe only write one line for them and just be in the background

Please register in order to view this content

Archived