Jump to content
xtr

Y&R: January Spoilers

Recommended Posts

Would someone please change this thread to "January's Spoiled"  As long as Mal was in the writer's room. And what's with all the actors kissing Griffith's behind. I guess they want to be re-employed or stay employed (I'm looking at you Kristoff and Doug)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

According to soaps.com Hunter Kelly King is back taping scenes as Summer. Sasha Calle's (Lola) posted a pic that showed Summer, Mariah, Lola, Tessa, Kyle and Fen at Crimson lights. I wonder how long Summer will be back this time around and will she be trying to cause more angst for Kyle/Lola or maybe even Fen/Ana.

 

Also according to soaps.com day ahead recap on tomorrow's show, Ana will pack her bags and leave Devon a note. Nate will end up seeing her at Crimson Lights with her bags, and will ask her if she's taking a trip. She will tell him that she's leaving and Devon doesn't want her around anymore. Nate encourages her to talk with Devon. Her and Devon make up and he tells her he did like her version of the song. He will agree that the song sounds better with more emotion in it, and that he hasn't been trying to feel much of anything lately. He gifts her with a family picture frame.

 

Also, Lola will continue to be nervous about her presentation for Abby/Devon for their new restaurant. Kyle will continue to encourage her and the presentation will go well. Ana will also be at the presentation. Abby and Devon will be excited about working together and they will present Lola with a contract and an advance that includes several "zeroes", in it. Kyle and Lola will be happy about her new job and will exchange "I Love You's." with each other. 

 

And Cane will read a letter from Lily where she mentions how her life has changed since she's been in prison. She will tell him that she's glad that Neil is close by, and about the relationships she has formed with women in prison. She will tell him that their phone conversations often feel strained because they aren't discussing her new reality and she feels like she is losing herself. She thanks Cane for being a good husband and father. Also, the twins will end up convincing Cane to go to JT's memorial. And Jack will taunt Victor in prison but will ultimately come to the conclusion that Victor might actually be innocent regarding JT's death. 

Edited by xtr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ajsp35801 said:

 

Now this is a ridiculous assertion. Bryton says every chance he gets that he's ready for his next pairing now that mishai is gone. What actor doesn't want a romance on a soap knowing that romances are the center of the shows now. Come on.

 

If Dru was so popular, why hasn't she been recast. And don't give me that nonsense about no one but VR can play her. Theu recasted Phyllis and the show always appeared to feel MS was more popular and important than VR 

 

what peeps say in the press =/= what they say bts. 

 

you mean like they recasted MB when he left GH a bunch of times in the past? LOL Some characters just can't be touched. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, dio said:

 

what peeps say in the press =/= what they say bts. 

 

you mean like they recasted MB when he left GH a bunch of times in the past? LOL Some characters just can't be touched. 

 

You're truly reaching to blame bryton for being slighted by TPTB. I'm gonna assume he was being honest on this one. He was also asking for pairings on Twitter and in press although he knew his Hevon fans would be annoyed. Why anger them. Nah, doesn't add up. But if you want to continue to believe that Bryton's request is the reason that he hasn't gotten any romances over the years then go ahead. 

 

I'm assuming MB is Maurice  Bernard. I don't watch GH but I don't ever recall seeing him leaving for years. If a show thinks a character is important enough, they'll recast. Y&R recasted Kay Chancellor, for goodness sake. And GH recasted Jason. But again, if you want to believe that Dru isn't on your screen cause VR is so special versus the show just not giving a darn, then go ahead. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ajsp35801 said:

 

You're truly reaching to blame bryton for being slighted by TPTB. I'm gonna assume he was being honest on this one. He was also asking for pairings on Twitter and in press although he knew his Hevon fans would be annoyed. Why anger them. Nah, doesn't add up. But if you want to continue to believe that Bryton's request is the reason that he hasn't gotten any romances over the years then go ahead. 

 

I'm assuming MB is Maurice  Bernard. I don't watch GH but I don't ever recall seeing him leaving for years. If a show thinks a character is important enough, they'll recast. Y&R recasted Kay Chancellor, for goodness sake. And GH recasted Jason. But again, if you want to believe that Dru isn't on your screen cause VR is so special versus the show just not giving a darn, then go ahead. 

 

we're all reaching, sis. Just looking at it w/ some perspective. Not everyone likes slobbering on someone else (or vice versa) when they go into work. As long as the paychecks stay the same, I doubt Bryton is crying because Devon's "single"  on canvas. lol

 

MB left the show twice, for a like a year+ each (IIRC), and wasn't recasted either time. Jason being recast should tell you something - whatever you think about a character's popularity =/= necessarily the reality of the situation. You can hate VR all you want, doesn't mean Dru wasn't hella popular. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

VR was popular, but she was never promoted as the face of Y&R in the way that Maurice Benard has over at GH. The only person who rivaled him in the cast during the 2000s-2010s was Tony Freakin’ Geary, and Luke was often used to prop Sonny. 

 

I also think there has been a bit of casting war going down between Y&R and GH (partially due to JFP landing at Y&R), with each show picking off the other’s hot players. So when GH snagged Billy Miller, they gave him a juicy open role commensurate with his buzz, which happened to have been the role Steve Burton vacated before landing at Y&R.

Edited by Costello

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dio said:

 

we're all reaching, sis. Just looking at it w/ some perspective. Not everyone likes slobbering on someone else (or vice versa) when they go into work. As long as the paychecks stay the same, I doubt Bryton is crying because Devon's "single"  on canvas. lol

 

MB left the show twice, for a like a year+ each (IIRC), and wasn't recasted either time. Jason being recast should tell you something - whatever you think about a character's popularity =/= necessarily the reality of the situation. You can hate VR all you want, doesn't mean Dru wasn't hella popular. 

 

That's the point, bryton's paychecks were not the same. He went from exactly 52 epis a year for years to double that with a pairing. Everyone wants to get paid. 

 

You've got me all wrong. Dru and Olivia barber were the only reason I started watching this show in 1991 as a child. I'm one of VRs biggest fans. But I can still see through my love for her to realize that the show has recasted what they see as bigger stars than her. 

56 minutes ago, Costello said:

VR was popular, but she was never promoted as the face of Y&R in the way that Maurice Benard has over at GH. The only person who rivaled him in the cast during the 2000s-2010s was Tony Freakin’ Geary, and Luke was often used to prop Sonny. 

 

I also think there has been a bit of casting war going down between Y&R and GH (partially due to JFP landing at Y&R), with each show picking off the other’s hot players. So when GH snagged Billy Miller, they gave him a juicy open role commensurate with his buzz, which happened to have been the role Steve Burton vacated before landing at Y&R.

 

+1 

 

I'm not saying VR wasn't popular. As far as I'm concerned, she was the most popular star on Y&R right below EB. Even thinking that, I know the show never treated her or promoted her as such 

Edited by ajsp35801

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Traci and Mac will be coming back on tomorrow's episode. According to soaps.com day ahead recap they will both be attending JT's memorial at Victoria's house. Phyllis will not want to go at first, but she will end up going with Nick.  When Phyllis arrives she will tell Victoria, that they need to get Nikki out of there because she thinks that Nikki will crack. Victoria will say the only person she might force to leave is Phyllis.Traci will say some very kind words about JT and his relationship with Colleen and Reed will sob when he talks about JT and how they played music together.

 

Mac will step forward when Reed is crying and will say that is the JT she remembers and Nikki will blurt out that she's sorry to Reed. Phyllis will worry that Nikki will reveal the truth at the memorial and will stand up and say that there is something that she wants everyone to know about JT. Also, Cane and the twins will be attending the memorial. Victoria will not be happy that Cane came and Mattie will talk to Billy about Lily. Billy tells Mattie that he wants to go visit Lily soon. Abby will also attend the memorial and her and Nikki will hug over Victor. And Mac and Phyllis will watch Billy/Victoria interacting together and wonder if they are reuniting.  Mac will ask Billy about that.

 

Also, Rey has to take a call involving a child, who has to be taken to his grandparents, because his parents were caught in a drug bust. Mia will be left alone and will call Arturo to fix the furnace. Her and Arturo will end up cozying up on the couch underneath a blanket when he can't get the furnace to work. Mia will tell Arturo that Rey's absence is really bothering her tonight for some reason. And Lola will get made up by Mia and will take Kyle on a date. They will talk about being in love and Lola will thank Kyle for being willing to wait for her until she's ready to sleep with him. Kyle will reassure her, but will end up looking disappointed. 

 

I'm glad that Traci is back, I believe her speech will be heartfelt. And I could see Kyle possibly end up sleeping with somebody that isn't Lola. I don't know who that might be though.

Edited by xtr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, Summer is already taping scenes. I'm not sure how long she will be around for this time. I could see something happening between her and Kyle. I also have thought for a while now that something might happen between Kyle and Mia. When Mia first came on, I could have seen her doing something really messy like sleeping with Kyle. But now it looks like she will be getting close to Arturo and I could see her maybe cheating with him again. 

 

I think that something might happen that will drive Kyle into another woman's bed. I don't know if Lola will blow up at him again, and they break up again. And/or if he will have a hard time facing temptation from someone like Summer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So it looks like Devon/Abby/Arturo/Mia/Rey/Sharon/Nick/Phyllis/Billy/Victoria and Ana/Fen/Lola/Kyle/Summer are in the offing, basically.

 

If they somehow paired Devon/Victoria, it’ll be like a whole Genoa City daisy chain with the entire 30-50 y/o cast, save for Nate and Kerry.

Edited by Costello

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apart from introductory scenes with Fen, have his parents shared any more scenes with him?

 

If not, I think this is a problem in that viewers are expected to accept what is basically a new character (new actor/new direction) without re-establishing his ties to familiar characters. Are Michael and Lauren aware of what is going on with him? Do they have a point of view?

 

Same with Kyle and Jack. Has he interacted with Lola? Has Kyle discussed their issues with his Dad?

 

Soap 101 - use family connections and keep vets viable by tying them into their children's stories.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Paul Raven said:

Apart from introductory scenes with Fen, have his parents shared any more scenes with him?

 

If not, I think this is a problem in that viewers are expected to accept what is basically a new character (new actor/new direction) without re-establishing his ties to familiar characters. Are Michael and Lauren aware of what is going on with him? Do they have a point of view?

 

Same with Kyle and Jack. Has he interacted with Lola? Has Kyle discussed their issues with his Dad?

 

Soap 101 - use family connections and keep vets viable by tying them into their children's stories.

They’ve had a few scenes with Fen and Michael/Lauren since the intro, including a very strange singalong with Fen and Lauren. I think Kyle and Jack had one scene where they spoke out their love lives, but I don’t think Jack has met Lola. Can’t be sure, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Costello said:

They’ve had a few scenes with Fen and Michael/Lauren since the intro, including a very strange singalong with Fen and Lauren. I think Kyle and Jack had one scene where they spoke out their love lives, but I don’t think Jack has met Lola. Can’t be sure, though.

Thanks for that.

 

Do you agree that the lack of these scenes is taking away from the stories?

 

Has Kyle met or discussed Alice?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×