Y&R: January Spoilers

• Members

I think that Fen's music career could end up hitting a rough patch. I saw tomorrow's show, and he seemed more concerned about getting attention and being a "star", than trying to put the work in. He was more serious before Summer came back. On tomorrow's show he really wasn't taking it as seriously as he should be. Even Ana who has stood by him/supported him was getting frustrated and walked away from him. She said she felt she had to "do it alone". I do think his career could end up being jeopardized because of some decisions he makes, and that is what the winter spoilers about Michael/Lauren struggling to watch him make poor decisions is about.

Though, on the bright side, it seems like Fen might be over Lola. He laughed/scoffed when Kyle accused him of being jealous of his date with Lola. He may not want Lola anymore, (so that may be one less person standing between him and Ana) but he still wants Summer for now. I will look and see in any upcoming scenes, if it does seem like he's really over Lola. I think that Summer will continue to use him to make Kyle jealous and he will believe she's really interested in him. I could see her "apologizing" for her behavior the other day, but still using him to get to Kyle. It's working too, as Kyle seems interested in what Summer is doing. Believe it or not Lola may actually kind of end up a bit of a odd person out, because I could see Kyle/Fen fighting over Summer.  

And I did like Fen's scenes with Kyle. I liked the way the way they interacted when they were modeling. I also liked seeing Kyle talk to Ana a little more. He has only interacted with her once before. He is respectful towards her and I would like to see them be friends or at least be friendly towards each other. Ana could use a good friend outside of Devon/Fen, that she can talk with and vent to when necessary. A female friend could work really well for this as well. She doesn't like Summer so it can't be her and Lola is really immature and also tried to push up on/use Fen, so I don't see that working either. Maybe Abby, who I think she has nice chemistry with. 

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think it could possibly end up being a short lived career. Or that at least he will hit a really rough patch, have a hard fall from the limelight, because of him not really taking things seriously. Devon has already said he would pull Fen from the label, when Ana told him yesterday that Fen wasn't taking things seriously. I wonder if Devon may actually do that if Fen continues to act that way.

I think even if Fen does end up taking his music career more seriously (regardless if he hits a rough patch or not), that he will eventually end up on another more steady career path. I could see him one day doing something like helping Lauren run Fenmore's. (And I could see him and Kyle butting heads even more if that happens, especially if Kyle moves up in the ranks at Jabot).

• Members

Here are some pictures from the modeling shoot at Jabot that Kyle/Fen have on tomorrow's show. (These were posted at soaps.com) I think these are very nice pictures. They both look good.

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Not too long ago, Sharon told Fen that she hoped he had a better career than Tessa. This was after he went to Crimson Lights and got excited when he heard his song playing there. Sharon wished him well and told him that life came at Tessa fast, and that she ended up not being able to find work after her failed music career. Fen got somber and said that was a wake up call for him. Maybe that was foreshadowing that his career could end up going downhill because he doesn't take it as seriously as he should.

• Members

That's untrue about Tessa. Devon easily hired her as his assistant. Gave her several chances. But her lies and deceit got her fired, I'm assuming. When did Devon fire her and why? Did that happen onscreen? 

It could be foreshadowing with Fen. Tbh, he should be a lawyer working for Fenmore's trying to find a legal way to untangle it from Jabot. I wouldn't be shocked if that's where he ends up being that his main rival is Kyle. Well, maybe not. The show typically doesn't tell stories that make sense for these characters. They shipped it for Scott. They'll probably skip it for Fen. 

• Members

I could have worded that better.  Because I think  Sharon may have phrased it more as Tessa couldn't keep a job. Or at the very least meant that Tessa couldn't find/keep a job now.  It's true that Tessa did work as an assistant at Hamilton-Winters and then later on Sharon hired her to work at Crimson Lights after she was let go from Hamilton-Winters.

Neil was actually the one that was behind Tessa being let go from Hamilton-Winters. Tessa had went off to try and deal with stuff regarding her sister Crystal again, and Mariah went to Hamilton-Winters and told Neil she had left town. Tessa did not let Neil know she was leaving town. Neil basically said that they needed to run a business and  that Tessa wasn't helping them do that because she wasn't around. And then Tessa was let go from Hamilton-Winters. Sharon ended up hiring her at Crimson Lights as a favor to Mariah, but Sharon fired her after she found out that Tessa had blackmailed her and Nikki/Phyllis/Victoria.

Ever since then Tessa hasn't been able to find steady work. Kyle paid her one time to serenade Lola, and she really hasn't done much outside of that.

• Members

I really think he may end up working for Lauren at Fenmore's. She already puts him to work a little on today's show by having him model and him getting paid for that. I could see his music career not ending well and then Lauren gives him a landing spot at Fenmore's. I could see him agreeing to work for her and then he butts heads with Kyle, at Jabot as they are both try to work their way up. The lawyer angle could have worked for him, but his heart doesn't seem in it. He really doesn't act like he wants to be a lawyer.

She really hasn't been shown doing much of anything lately. Mariah really hasn't been shown much either. (Outside of doing things like clashing with Abby for the story she ran on Victor at GC Buzz and asking Nick why he's convinced that Victor didn't really kill JT.) 

I remember reading a rumor a while ago, that said that Cait Fairbanks may be on her way out. May that will end up being true. I think that Mariah would be much better off with Kyle. I really like their chemistry together, the way they support each other and think they could do a nice slow burn with them. 

• Members

I see it

Please register in order to view this content

:

His grandfather is Grant Tinker who was the Chairman and CEO of NBC in the early to mid 80's. He was also married to Mary Tyler Moore for 19 years.

• Members

There is a spoiler from SID that says that Tessa/Mariah will show up and go on a double date with Kyle/Lola. I wonder if that date ends up being crashed by Summer. 

Also, according to soaps.com day ahead recap for tomorrow's episode: 

Nikki will frantically search for Katie at the ranch. Victoria arrives and Nikki warns that someone may be in the house. Victoria will panic and will ask if someone has kidnapped Katie. She will holler for Katie to come out and Victor will say that Nick is on his way and the police haven't been called yet. They are still searching for Katie when Nick arrives and Nikki will say she feels that someone is on the property. Victor will feel it's someone who knows how to avoid the cameras.

Mia will be at Crimson Lights and will talk to Arturo. He will be upset with how she acted at the engagement dinner. It will be mentioned that Mia apologized to Abby but Arturo will not think that was sincere. Mia will say she was jealous of the proposal and the ring. But she will say it is because she likes to be the center of attention not because she wants Arturo. She will tell Arturo it hurt watching him say Abby was the love of his life, especially since Mia believed he would never marry. She will want her and Arturo to still have a connection and will be friends. Arturo reassures her and Mia looks at him wistfully as he walks away. Arturo will end up running into Rey and they will go upstairs and talk about Arturo's engagement. They will laugh at Victor's prenup and Rey will ask Arturo if he can handle a lifetime of Newman drama. Arturo will reassure Rey.

At the Abbot mansion Kyle will tell Lola to close her eyes, will put on music and will surprise her with dinner. Lola will find it strange that he's done this and will wonder if he's trying to convince himself that they are good as a couple or that Summer can't get to him. Kyle will just say he doesn't know how to show Lola how he feels, and that it was just takeout. He will say Summer is a wrecking ball and that he would build a moat around him and Lola if he could. Lola worries that they aren't sleeping together like a lot of couples do. She will tell Kyle that Summer can give him what she can't.Lola will say she thinks he's more frustrated than he's letting on. Kyle will say he loves her and is fine with going at her pace. He will hug her and look tense. They will end up cuddling and Lola will be glad they talked. 

Billy will join Phyllis at Jabot and learn Summer is back. Phyllis will tell him he better not mess with Summer. He assures her that won't be a problem. He will try and talk with her about his problems with Victoria. Phyllis will tell him to leave Victoria alone and will tell him she's not his therapist or buddy. They will then talk about  business and agree to work on a report together.  Mia will arrive to do Phyllis's makeup and Billy will leave and get a call about Katie being missing. Phyllis will notice something is wrong with Mia and will wonder if it has to do with her past affair with Arturo. Mia will get emotional and says she loves Rey and doesn't want to hurt him again. But she will say she Arturo is a part of who she is and wonders how she can cut him out.  She will wonder how he could marry a woman like Abby. Phyllis will advise her not mess up Abby/Arturo even if that gives her satisfaction. Phyllis will sense that she could get back Arturo if she wants to, but tells her it's not worth blowing up her life. Mia and Phyllis will hug.

Billy will end up arriving at the ranch. He will wonder what everyone is doing in regards to finding Katie and if someone is on the property. He will tell them he can't lose her like he lost Delia. Billy will want to call the police but Victor will tell him not to. Victoria will plead with him to let the head of security handle it. Just as he's about to call the police they will hear Katie singing. And he will tell everyone that she is in the walls of the ranch.  

• Members

Thanks, xtr!  

Grant Tinker served as Chairman/CEO at NBC (his third time working for the network) from 1981-86.  With Brandon Tartikoff as his number-two guy, he took NBC "from worst to first," with series such as "Cheers," "The Cosby Show" and "Hill Street Blues."  (HSB, by the way, was produced by MTM Enterprises, the company he'd set up in 1969 to produce his then-wife's new series, "The Mary Tyler Moore Show."  The cat who served as a company mascot (a sort of play on MGM's "Leo the Lion") was his and Mary's cat, Mimsie.)  

By all accounts, Tinker was a dream to work for, with MTM being compared to Camelot by the writers and producers who'd toiled there.  Tinker always protected his shows from network interference, and he always took great care to introduce himself to new hires and make them feel as if they were part of a family, too. 

Next to the P&G soaps, and maybe the Lorimar-produced primetime soaps from the late-'70s and early-'80s, the entire stable of MTM's classic series -- HSB, "Mary Tyler Moore," "The Bob Newhart Show" (and "Newhart"), "St. Elsewhere" (which his sons, John and Mark, worked on), "The White Shadow," "Remington Steele," etc. -- remain a huge influence on my personal development.  I know I wouldn't have survived being bullied in junior high and high schools w/o their reruns on Nick-at-Nite and later TV Land.

Also, I found him an extremely handsome man, if you get my drift.

You know, come to think of it -- and someone with better knowledge would have to check this out for me -- but I think Tinker worked for P&G, too.  IIRC, he repped the sponsor during production of "The Dick Van Dyke Show," which was where he and Mary first met.  Moreover, Philip Capice and Lee Rich, who ran Lorimar and developed DALLAS and KNOTS LANDING, among other shows, worked for P&G as well (with EDGE OF NIGHT even naming the characters Phil and Louise Capice after Philip).  So, I guess P&G has had a much bigger influence over me than I had originally believed.

Archived