Y&R: January Spoilers

• Members

Here is a thread for spoilers for January. Here are spoilers from soaps.com day ahead recap for tomorrow:

Victoria will run out of the Ashby home after the kiss. Cane will follow her to her own home. Cane will want to talk about the kiss. Victoria will say that stress led to it. Cane will say they can't tell anyone about the kiss as he could lose his marriage and family. Billy shows up and Victoria says that her and Cane were just talking about their sons involvement in the Nikki's accident. Cane and Billy will bicker. Cane will leave and Victoria will say that her and Cane must work together to protect their children. Billy will tell her about Victor being charged with JT's murder. She will end up kissing Billy after he lends her his support.

Fen will be bragging at Crimson Lights about how him and Lola will be a hot couple and will be seen all around GC to Kyle. Him and Kyle will argue over Lola, who will arrive and tell them she doesn't belong to either one of them. She will also tell them to leave. Kyle will end up telling Abby that he made things worse with Lola and Abby will encourage him to fight for their relationship. Abby will end up getting an alert from GC Buzz that Victor has been charged with murder.

Mariah will mention it on the show (they will be filming at the station) and Abby will be upset that she did this. Abby will end up going to the station and lashing out at Mariah. She will tell Mariah that she made Victor seem guilty and that Victor will make Mariah pay. Abby will also end up seeing Victor and will vow to prove that he is innocent. 

Cane and Charlie will talk about the accident and Charlie will express guilt for what happened to Nikki.

Kyle will end up asking Lola for another chance at Crimson Lights. Lola will continue to insist that Kyle doesn't "get her", because he asks if she's really upset that he bought her nice things. Lola will say that she doesn't want to be with someone who uses money to show that they care.  Kyle will say his parents and Victor showered him with gifts. Kyle will vow to respect her boundaries and change for her. They will kiss. Mariah will end up encouraging Fen to ask for a do over with Lola, after Fen expresses he wished he'd kept his mouth shut. Fen will also complain that he feels that his music is going nowhere fast. He will show up with a flower for Lola and look dejected after he sees her kissing Kyle. 

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I am coming to really dislike Lola. I hate the way she treats Kyle and that she's trying to almost completely change who he is. He shouldn't have to change anymore for her. He has already bent over backwards for her. They have an unhealthy dynamic in their relationship, where he has to continue to walk on egg shells around her. She's not worth it. She is actually high maintenance and a snob. If this is some lame attempt for the writers to try and "humble" Kyle, it's not working. Lola is the one that needs to make some adjustments to her personality, Kyle has adjusted more than enough. 

They are making Lola unbearable. I had thought that initially Kyle/Lola were a cute couple.  But with the way they are currently writing her (including the way she mistreats and controls him,) I want him to run far away from her. 

• Members

character's like Lola are annoyingly fake. She will act "offended" by an expensive purse, but a restaurant is OK? Also, Sharon letting her hock her sandwitches out of her back alley is fine, too? She even took the catering job on Kyle's word. How selectively convenient. Gurl, please. 

• Members

I think the way they are writing this relationship/storyline is awful. Because he has already bent over backwards for her, changed quite a bit, treats her well and she mistreats him. She is dragging him down as character and hasn't apologized at all for mistreating him. It's a very unhealthy dynamic. And I don't think that the writers will address it, as I believe they will make it seem like Lola is in the right, but her treatment of Kyle is terrible.

• Members

it's dumb because they were trying to paint Lola as anti-Summer, but she's basically the same - only ethnic and from poorer roots. She's still putting Kyle through it and playing games - when she was dating Kyle and continued to hang out with Fen while she knew he liked her, had a rivalry w/ Kyle, and Kyle didn't like them hanging out...THAT is "playing games" any way you want to look at it. smh

a big problem with Y&R's current regime is the lack of showing and over-abundance of telling, or the telling not matching up with what we have been shown after the fact, etc. Just terrible. 

• Members

I’d agree if I knew it would be written to acknowledge her behavior. If it were a man trying to change a woman it would be considered controlling or abusive. I expect clashes due to their class differences, but they need to develop some compromise and she needs to learn to accept him as he accepts her. Otherwise it turns me off then as a couple. 

• Members

also, is Amelia Heinle coming up for contract renewal or has she been kicking up dust bts? The only thing I can think is PTB are trying to use the Cane/Lily fanbase to pressure her to come correct or she's gone, lie they always seemed to be doing with Mishael Morgan... 

anyway, why don't they do Victoria/Devon? That would be loads more interesting, imo. 

• Members

According to soaps.com day ahead recap on tomorrow's episode Jill will return to Genoa City. She will tell Cane that her and Colin are separated. Cane will worry about being a bad husband but Jill will reassure him. Billy and Victoria will talk about their kiss and relationship and say they need time to think about what they want to do regarding their relationship. Jill will also spend time with Billy. She will advise Billy not to let Victoria get away again. 

Also, Reed and Charlie will confess to Nikki that they were behind the hit and run. Cane and Victoria will decide it's best that they tell Nikki the truth and will take the boys to see her in the hospital. Nikki will say she was drunk when it happened and her and the teens will forgive each other. She will agree that their parents can handle punishing them with involving the police. Cane will tell Charlie he can keep his license, but can't use drive for the rest of the year and he is under curfew. Victoria will extend Reed's driving ban to a year. Nikki will then say that the teens confessing has made her decide to confess the truth about killing JT. 

And Victor will ask Nick to find out who set the fire in the stables at the ranch. 

• Members

Devon is a very interesting character and Bryton's a good actor, it's just PTB (and a lot of the fanbase - yourself included, lbr) can't seem to view him as a sexual being and thus he's useless to them. 

Please register in order to view this content

Archived