kalbir

Y&R January 2019 Discussion Thread

I forgot about Kerry. She can go too.

I'm trying to remember Mamie's family history before Dru/Olivia arrived. I think she was widowed and had no children when she came to work for the Abbotts so any Johnson relatives would be from Mamie's husband's family. 

1 hour ago, kalbir said:

I forgot about Kerry. She can go too.

I'm trying to remember Mamie's family history before Dru/Olivia arrived. I think she was widowed and had no children when she came to work for the Abbotts so any Johnson relatives would be from Mamie's husband's family. 

I’m also assuming Mamie was once married too as some of the other characters use to refer to her as “Mrs Johnson” 

I just wish they’d kept the connections to Mamie more active. She absolutely should have been a factor in Lily’s life over the years. 

If Mamie came on in some capacity, it would make sense to keep Lily or Nate. She can’t be a matriarchal figure to dust, after all. If they don’t like Brooks Darnell, recast Nate. 

17 hours ago, slick jones said:

It's a shame no one bothered to have Kerry Johnson related to Mamie... Oh wait, that would have just made sense.....

They didnt want her related to Nate as she was to be a potential love interest 

2 hours ago, frequentsoapfan said:

They didnt want her related to Nate as she was to be a potential love interest 

They should have learned the show's history and given her a different last name.  

5 hours ago, Faulkner said:

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, Faulkner said:

Something about Noemi Gonzalez/Mia’s delivery reminds of Brenda Dickson. 

"Well, hello! And welcome to my wedding!"

Edited by Khan

4 minutes ago, cassadine1991 said:

Wait what??

They used a cue towards the end that was normally played in suspense parts from the late 90s early 2000s I think...

4 hours ago, YRfan23 said:

They used a cue towards the end that was normally played in suspense parts from the late 90s early 2000s I think...

On the back of this, I went to watch (some of) the episode, directed by Noel Maxam which, alongside the (IMO) perpetually under-appreciated Sally McDonald, is in a different league to the other directors and what the norm was the last time I watched. 

And yes, there were at least 2 older scores I counted. One that was used twice in the episode (the second of which was to close the episode) and other also in the last scene. 

Edited by LondonScribe