Y&R January 2019 Discussion Thread

• Members

I enjoyed today's episode. I am glad that Neil is back. I liked seeing him interact with Ana, Devon and Fen. . I think he will definitely be involved in this storyline about Ana keeping the secret about being a songwriter and the impact that will have on Hamilton-Winters. I also think he will be getting on Cane once he finds out that Cane has cheated with Victoria. I thought it was funny when Fen picked up Devon to hug him and looked like he might have wanted to do the same to Neil. But Neil kind of stopped that, though still congratulated Fen. I like the way that Fen is interacting/fitting in with the Hamilton/Winters family. His excitement about his song was cute.

Speaking of his song, I wonder if Ana is possibly being blackmailed or something. Maybe that is why she wants to get paid for her song up front, without getting any royalties over it. Maybe she's getting blackmailed but doesn't want to tell Devon about it and that is why she's getting the money early to handle this situation on her own. I wonder if it was the guy who stole her work and if she was also romantically involved with the guy who sold her work. Her facial expressions gets kind of stoic/unhappy looking when Fen brings up why she's keeping the secret. I think that this guy could have really hurt her in more ways than one. 

I do think that keeping this secret could have some costly ramifications for all the people involved including Fen and Devon. I could see Devon company being impacted negatively by this lie and I could see Fen ultimately losing his record deal because of it and being dropped from the label like Tessa was. I hope those things don't happen, but they could. 

Also, I thought that Phyllis got what she deserved after she threw it in Victoria's face that Billy just tried to get back together with her when Billy/Victoria were on a date together. Phyllis is really petty even more so, because she's with Nick right now. Billy is right, she is jealous and I liked that he said that he hurt Jack for nothing. I think it did hurt her when Billy told her that getting with her was a mistake and that he thinks that Victoria is the love of his life. I could see Billy fighting to be with Victoria, even should he catch her kissing Cane. And speaking of Cane he wasn't being subtle with his attraction/interest in Victoria today. He seemed like he just wanted to have an excuse to follow her home. 

And I thought that the twins arguing over Cane's visit to Lily was realistic and showed how upset they were about her absence. I think that they will be even more upset once they learn that Cane has cheated with Victoria. 

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I do think that Ana may be in some serious trouble. Maybe she owes that guy who sold her work some money because he's blackmailing her with something serious. Devon even asked her today, if her songwriting "friend" was in trouble. She denied it. She told Fen she didn't want to reveal her reasons because they are "personal".

Before when she told Fen about keeping anonymous about her identity she didn't mention wanting to get paid, but now she "needs" money even though as Fen pointed out she's living rent free/no student loan debt/Devon would help her if she asked. I wonder if the guy recently contacted her and is demanding money from her. I do believe Fen will continue to dig until he finds the truth. He may even have to tell Devon himself that she's the songwriter, to help her get out of trouble/help protect her.

• Members

Yet, when Sally Sussman tried giving DG something to do other than moon over CK every damn episode, he basically took to Twitter and sabotaged her and Kay Alden's efforts through the Lane fan brigade.

I'm sorry, but if he enjoys sharing airtime w/ AH, then he deserves nothing less than to be stuck onscreen with CK for eternity.

• Members

Zach Tinker is doing a great job as Fen, making scenes work that really shouldn't. He's believable in every scene and works hard.

The story about Ana hiding her songwriting is stupid. Even if she owes someone money, why would she have to hide writing a hit song? This is typical Mal Young crap, and a reason he was fired. Just another story we have to pretend makes sense.

Mal sure did dump all over Gina Tognoni before he left. Could be make her more unlikable in every scene and situation?

Then there's Nikki with the gun in the final scene. These rich people under attack don't have armed security guards at the front door? That is pitiful writing, and I hate unbelievable stuff. 

• Members

How is Victor accused of murder and out on bail?  Did they explain how he's out of jail?  He was arrested at the Scooby Doo mystery airstrip where he was trying to flee with his kidnapped wife. LOLLLL  CLEARLY not a flight risk right? So let him out on bail? 

Does anyone care who the mystery torture person is in the JT storyline?  I don't care.  It'll end up being Victor.  Who gas lit his own wife and daughter with all of these things - moved body, JTs clothes on her bed, fire poker on the mantle....he tortured her because he loved her so much and in the process was setting up Sharon and Phyllis.   Gross story.  No wonder Eric Braeden said an amazing wonderful story was coming up.

Only in soaps are people in jail and in visitation rooms whenever anyone shows up and asks to see them.  So silly. 

Archived