Y&R January 2019 Discussion Thread

• Members

I get that the plan was for Kerry and Nate to have some salacious affair, they had to tell the Kerry and jack story first. Then with all this talk about going out of town I figured she'd be Jack's next murdered woman that he will be blamed for. Either way, in the few scenes of hers that I've seen, she feels like a throw away character 

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Devastating!

Please register in order to view this content

my grandfather died of colon cancer at 79 but like McGrath, he refused to get screened as well, so it’s the same case where if he did have one, he probably would have lived longer...

i feel for Tricia and hope she and her husband and other loved ones get lots of prayers and peace! 

• Members

Mia has been acting more toned down lately and I think that is better for her character. I thought that she genuinely care across as sincere today and like she cared about Lola. She is acting like she's really trying to work on her marriage. Granted I could see her reverting back to form, if she ends up getting close to Arturo again, but right now she is being written better than when she first came on.

Ana is so pretty. She looked great today. I like seeing Ana and Fen continue to support each other and grow closer. Today Fen showed he is willing to put his career at risk by helping Ana, and I could see that continuing. I think they both may end up continuing to do things that might end up jeopardizing themselves professionally. (That is until Ana maybe comes clean about being the songwriter to Fen's song.)

Devon was really upset with them again (especially Ana) and I wonder if they might push him too far, if they keep going behind his back and doing stuff that he doesn't approve of. I wonder if he might actually end up completely firing Ana altogether as his assistant and then her and Fen will sneak around and work together professionally. (As well as having romance blossom between them.)

And I definitely think that Phyllis/Victoria's rival will intensify after Victoria slapping her today and as Victoria/Billy grow close again. (And probably try and give their relationship another go.)

• Members

The fact that they are playing stuff again that didn’t work the first time (JT/AH-Villy, the Phyllis/Victoria rivalry) shows how rudderless this show had become in Mal’s last months. Where was all this anger from Phyllis about Victor in the past couple of years? The show’s more interesting when you watch thinking about how BTS drama impacted what’s on screen. 

• Members

The Lola cooking stuff doesn’t work for me. If you can’t make it look real, don’t do it. Chopping celery stalks isn’t cooking. Where were these delicious dishes? Oh, right, they ate them. Nothing to see here.

of course, after her disastrous first course, Lola was able to come up with something SPECTACULAR in a flash. Right.

Also so love it that Devon didn’t care what kind of restaurant food Lola had, leaving it up to her. Right.

Also not working: the manufactured problems between Ana and Devon. ANY NORMAL DISCUSSION would have Devon asking what Ana would add to that demo track or change. Or Ana would ask him to let her come up with a version for him to listen to. But no, we had to create lies and deceit and a Fen who always plays all sides.

And where was the decision made? In the recording studio? Of course not — it was in the damn living room.

UGH. 

• Members

Exactly. Or Ana would have volunteered more information about what she disliked instead of that vague comment about the track being “too polished.” The lack of communication between Ana and Devon feels so inorganic. It makes both characters look terrible and unreasonable. It’s an “idiot plot.”

• Members

How old is Lola supposed to be? They are playing her like some hopelessly naive (if precociously talented) little pre-teen. Her interactions with Abby, Ana, and Devon today were embarrassing. “This is too much!” she says to Abby and Devon after they offer her a generous advance. Girl, shut up and show gratitude.

• Members

I really like Devon and Abby together. They brighten up around each other. I think they have nice chemistry and I like how at ease they are with each other. (I also like Abby's friendship chemistry with Ana.) I could see them being put together, after Arturo possibly cheats again with Mia. Maybe a slow burn will be done with these two, as Devon continues to adjust with life without Hilary and Abby is possibly heartbroken, (maybe even swearing off love for the time being), should Arturo cheat with Mia again. I could see them working together, supporting each other as friends, and then getting closer and possibly romantically involved.

And I wonder when we may see Lily again after her appearance in today's show. 

• Members

Lola’s bratty teenager Act is on my last nerve. I’m already tired of her hyper drama at every turn, and multiple scenes about a restaurant menu aren’t exciting soap material.

Those scenes with Abby, Ana, and Devon were embarrassing, also because the menu and pricing discussion was eye-rolling. The whole thing reeked of “this is all fake.”

• Members

Yeah, a really bad Hallmark movie. They’re all bad, but some are at least watchable. This menu stuff isn’t watchable.

I would rather see Lola take over the GCAC restaurant than to see her in some tacky  techy / new wave place Devon opens while the Athletic Club gets chopped to nothing.

Also, what the hell good was that Jack visit to Victoria prison? Why would Victor even meet with him, let alone listen to Jack bash him? The whole thing was effing stupid.

Also stupid? Abby’s rant to Jack about Victor. Just why??? Why would she think Jack cared? Why complain to him?

• Members

This is the first episode I’ve enjoyed more than loathed in a while. They even had some signature Y&R camera work (Phyllis and Mac observing Victoria/Billy’s affection and turning away, facing a camera in tight close-up, with Villy in the background). And Kelly Kruger is a breath of fresh air. I’d say they should bring her back full-time, but I think we’d all regret it once we saw the stories she’d get.

Archived