Y&R January 2019 Discussion Thread

• Members

She kissed another man who he doesn't like him just to hurt him. And Lola is constantly trying to get Kyle to change who he is (Things he should not even have to change) and does not accept him for who is. She makes him feel bad about himself and he has to tiptoe around pin and needles for her. Their relationship has an unhealthy dynamic to it and I believe it's going to get worse.

And in spite of how Kyle behaved when he first came on the show, he has bent over backwards for her and has been an excellent boyfriend to her. The writers have ruined Lola for me. I think that Kyle is better off without her.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think that this potential triangle with Kyle/Lola/Fen may not end up being interesting. I think it may end up being hard to watch. I think that Lola has become very unlikeable, and  I don't think that both young men should be fighting over her. Once again on today's show Kyle was groveling, promising to "change" for Lola, while she was saying again that he didn't "get her'. (Even though he's treated her incredibly well, and is trying his best to make her happy.) Kyle has changed more than enough for Lola, yet he continues to feel pressured to change even more for her.

And IMO her and Fen don't have much chemistry. Today they had him complaining to Mariah about how his life doesn't seem to be going anywhere. Including his music career. He is just barely getting started in the music industry but on today's show they are trying to make him seem like he's down on his luck. I think this is to make him look more like he's "struggling", so that Lola will be "drawn" to him and get with him, once she blows up and/or breaks up with Kyle again. (For whatever ridiculous reason she will blow up at Kyle),

Also, I wonder how much we will see Mariah clashing with Abby, now that Abby is angry about the way Mariah reported Victor's arrest on GC Buzz.

• Members

I had liked Lola but now it's grating on me.  She wasn't aware she was dating a rich man who would likely buy her nice things?  She needs to be slapped.  What's Kyle supposed to do, give up his life so that he's 'more like her'?  Why is she trying to be a well known Chef and improve her situation if she doesn't want money?  LOLLL.  Then go back to your food truck and have a struggling life so that everyone can truly "get you". 

I haven't seen the past few days....my Cable provider dropped our CBS affiliate.  What's she going to say if someone asks her why they split?   "Well he did something horrific.  He GAVE me an expensive purse!" 

I agree with the above....he's no prize.  But to live the good life for awhile...yeah, how terrible for ya Lola.  And I agree with Darn....yeah, Fen's a poor pauper hahahaha.  Please.

• Members

I’m getting caught up and I realized I absolutely love having Ana on canvas. I admit I was initially hesitant as I hated child Ana but they got rid of the singing and it helps that the actress is stunning and can actually act. She and Devon have excellent sibling chemistry as well. 

Archived