Y&R January 2019 Discussion Thread

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Happy New Year everyone. 

Please register in order to view this content

I am glad that Nate won't have charges pressed against him. But I would have liked to see more emotion coming from him in the scenes he shared today with Rey/Christine. I felt like he could have brought more those scenes, but maybe BD was just trying to play Nate as stoic/almost numb that he had actually got arrested. I did like Christine trying to look out for Nate. I do like seeing Nate interact with other characters.

I thought that Jordi did a nice job today. And I thought that the Cane/Victoria scenes were interesting. Victoria really did go in on him, especially regarding his parenting and his relationship with Lily. I do think they will end up kissing again/and maybe more. And I could see a situation where they do apologize to each other for this incident, but will still might continue to have moments where they spar back and forth. 

And with Billy now knowing the truth about Reed and wanting Reed to take responsibility for his actions, I wonder how long it will be before Reed tells the police what happened. 

• Members

What a bizarre scene with Cane and Victoria. AH doesn’t do the righteous anger thing well. She always looks down as if she’s not fully committed to her acting choices.

It’s always nice when soaps acknowledge history (I suppose Victoria could have delved into how Cane came to town), but it felt awkward and overstuffed. And, yes, it reminded me of the scene when JT listed all of Victoria’s shortcomings, grabbed her by the throat, and shoved her into a wall.

I guess being verbally abused is Victoria’s kink.

• Members

I thought that Victoria came across as more aggressive than Cane was in that scene. She is the one who came in insulting him about his marriage, his parenting and insulting him in a multitude of ways.He wanted her to leave him alone but she was bringing up almost everything he's ever done. I thought his response was a reaction to being fed up of her tirade against him.

• Members

Nice to see Christine, but the Rosales are just a horrible family. I don't like any of the characters and how quickly they've been shoved down our throats. 

Lola is something else. She goes to a billionaire's party hosted by Davon Hamilton (after complaining about an ugly $5,000 person), and then goes and kisses Fen on NYE. Also, Fen is also from a rich family. She is the worst. I hope they don't make a love triangle with her. She's as nauseating as Jane, from Jane the Virgin. 

• Members

I wouldn't be surprised if Lola ends up devastating Kyle by sleeping with Fen. She's become a major headache for Kyle, (she mistreats him, doesn't accept him for who he is, doesn't appreciate him). I think she will end up making him feel even worse, than she already has.

• Members

I saw DG smiling at least once during those scenes. I think he was enjoying playing those scenes. I read an interview from him where it sounded like he was looking forward to doing this upcoming storyline with AH. 

Archived