Days: January 2019 Discussion Thread

• Members

Yeah, people aren't attracted to who they aren't attracted to. Xander is not sexually attracted to Leo or men. I'm not surprised by what happened. He played Leo in pure Xander fashion. It seems like might end up being a theme with Leo trying to force himself on men who don't want him,  first Sonny, then Xander and 

Please register in order to view this content

I think that Leo is mostly entertaining, but maybe they could work to soften him up a bit and not make him so desperate and constantly going after men who don't want him. 

Also, on another note, I have liked recent episodes I have seen of this show. One of my favorite scenes from last week was Marlena telling Haley that she while it may sound unprofessional that she cared about her. I thought that was a nice scene, and that Deidre did nice work in that scene trying to get Haley to open up about her secret.  (Even though I don't really like Haley.)

I also like Kyle Lowder as Rex, (though he was my favorite Brady).Though he definitely has some issues staying faithful. I think he looks good and I liked seeing him interact with Chloe. I also actually kind of like him and Sarah together.  I wonder who he will end up getting paired with.  Sarah has annoyed me, but I do like her chemistry with all three men, (Rex, Eric, Xander.)

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

After decades of seeing desperate women chasing and scheming to get men that aren't into them... it's kind of refreshing to see a gay man doing that (I know plenty of gay guys in Chicago that do that.. so it's realistic).

Marlena was always best when in counselor mode so no surprise she had a good scene with Haley.

So the story is that Rex cheated on Sarah... and on the never seen as an adult Noelle Curtis (daughter of Neil and Liz)...hmmm. interesting.

• Members

I know...it's hard to root for Rex. I mean, Sarah's sister, too! Damn...

Although an interesting twist (but they won't go there) would be to explore if Rex has a sex addiction. Just something on WHY he really cheated on Sarah...twice!

I am enjoying Melinda Trask having a larger role. The way she called out Abe/Hope, etc for being completely incompetent...she's completely right! As a police department, they're horrendous. They couldn't be trusted with writing jaywalking tickets.

Not sure I'm buying Jack's "I came back from the dead last week. So, now let's run for mayor!"

• Members

Trask is a hoot, as Laura Kai Chen has this deadpan, robotic delivery that makes me chuckle. I do wish she were more integrated into the cast to see other sides of her. I’d rather see her than Kate (hides from the Koz fans).

Speaking of Kate

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Trask for mayor!

I'd like to see Eve team up with Hope to take down Ben. It'd be a lot more entertaining than watching her try to manipulate Jack.

Sarah's hair is getting worse with every episode. She looked like she got caught in a rain storm today.

The chick who plays Haley is a way better singer than Claire.

• Members

I feel like the show is on a real creative high right now... not that it's necessarily "good"... but RC is playing with the structure of the episodes and character dynamics are finally being mixed up.  The Brady/Chloe/Rex/Sarah/Eric/Xander/Leo/Sonny/Will situation is the kind of risk taking this show needed, even if it's not quite working.  And I'm thrilled with Jenn/Jack/Eve.

• Members

This would actually make sense. Eve is the type of character who would be fighting to the end to get justice for her daughter. 

I agree that we really don't need Jack and Jennifer to end up back together so quickly. That would be boring as hell. Been there, done that. It would be a twist if Jack NEVER got his memory back (unlike Will). That would actually free up the character for a lot more story potential without being chained to the "supercouple" status with Jennifer.

• Members

Lol I laugh about it, but only because it annoys me so much that I’ll scream if I don’t laugh. Why would Jack want to run for office when he’s clueless as to who he even is?  Why would the town permit It?  NONE of it makes any sense. 

It’d be more believable if gay Leo ran on the platform of a gay bar in Horton Square and won in a landslide.

Archived