Days: January 2019 Discussion Thread

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I agree...it was the easy way out. Why even go there if you weren't going to go THERE?

I have enjoyed Xander in general. He can run around in nothing but those jogging shorts every episode as far as I'm concerned.

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

First, I was disappointed in how Leo appeared to be pressuring Xander into having sex; then, I was disappointed that DAYS seemingly took the easy way out with this "drugged champagne" bit.

I don't know, this story's got me all over the place, lol.

• Members

Checking out the show again because I felt like watching at least one soap again.  The innuendo was hilarious when Leo felt the champagne bottle and was all "someone is awake" lol. Other the Leo/Xander scenes I liked when Eve called Jennifer a school marm which describes that character perfectly.

• Members

I think if Xander had not felt conflicted about sleeping with Leo -- if, in fact, he had been willing to do whatever it took to get whatever he wanted -- and then actually did it, I might have received the storyline a bit better than I have.  To me, that's more progressive than writing innuendos with bananas.

• Members

Yeah, I wasn't sure how I felt about the Xander / Leo stuff. For all of the cuddly cableknit gays of our lives, a Leo comes along and the ignorant will run with this depiction of a slimey sex-crazed homo. Then there's the whole trade/gay for pay phenomenon which is very real, and there are plenty of narcissists like Xander who comprise that demo, and yet... I don't know if this show is daring enough to "jeopardize" even a peripheral character like Xander by letting him sleep with a man. If they ever want to up this guy's role and make him a hetero lead, he will always be dogged by that big slice of the fandom who will disparage him for being "GAY!

Please register in order to view this content

" because they can't wrap their minds around the intricacies of sexuality.

It's like they'd have to make him repent for any gay past.

Archived