Days: January 2019 Discussion Thread

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I know this is DAYS, but everyone's so casual about finding out Jack's alive. I know he's been killed and revived more times than we can count, but still, I'd freak the hell out if I was walking around and came upon someone who was dead.

Will should be having a MUCH stronger reaction to finding out that the mother of his child gaslighted his cousin, Abby. Sonny, in general, seems much more worried about Ari that Will is which feels odd.

I'm curious to find out more about Leo's mother. Hated Leo this first time around, but I'm really enjoying his this time out. He's the most interesting part of Sonny/Will.

• Members

^This. Everybody feels like a zombie on DAYS. It’s jaded, lifeless show. Everyone’s reactions to big events, whether it’s Jack’s resurrection or Gabi’s deceit or Julie’s fall, feel so lackluster.

I also feel like there should be a moratorium on new Hortons until they can connect the ones already on the show into a recognizable family. They don’t feel connected at all.

• Members

OMG...so you're SOOOO right about the Hortons. It's a complaint I've had for a long time. Tom and Alice have many family members on the show, but they don't feel connected as a family except maybe the Christmas episode. I live for those tiny moments where they're actually allowed to act like a family.

I feel like Ron C. was trying to work on this at first by building up the sibling relationship of Jennifer and Lucas, sort of making them the tentpoles for the family. But then they got rid of Lucas, who was one of my faves, and the whole family seems to be fractured again. Will, one of the few characters with the Horton name,  is not connected to the family at all. He rarely interacts with any of them. I've enjoyed seeing more of Julie, and I hope that continues. They didn't start Sarah interacting with the family until Xmas week. Even a Horton girl cousins lunch or moving in more family members into the house to interact with each other would go a long way.

I know they're on a budget and working with actor guarantees, but if you want to really reach the fans (old and new) you want to develop those family relationships. Family/characters is the real reason most watch over plot in my opinion.

• Members

Totally. And it was so nice seeing Eli’s introduction at that lunch with Julie, Hope, Jennifer, and the others. Yet they dropped his connection almost immediately except for a few scenes here and there with Julie. They didn’t even really play up Eli and JJ’s blood relation when they did the Lani triangle. Eli works closely with Hope, his great-aunt, and not much is made of that. A lot of it is guarantees, as you say, which keeps people in their little corners, but with the above examples, there’s no excuse.

• Members

Getting caught up today and the show has been really enjoyable for me.

I’m happy that Abby read her family and Chad the riot act. I did totally forget she killed Andre. Do we know why she did that?

Chad has disowned Kate as many times as Austin and Lucas at this point. I love that they still dress Kate as a fabulous soap character like the old days. I did love her going to Stefan’s house just to gloat.

Eve’s arrival was well done. Classic soap bitch writing that still works for me.

Nice to see Jack back and I’m glad he pointed out that dark period with Den and Dr. Orange.

It still bothers me that Ciara calls her mom’s sister Grandma.  

On one of the episodes, it seemed like Days was trying to do that film look but dropped it again.

Archived