Closeted (gay) actors formerly on the soaps

• Members

I "knew" about Bernau and Crothers, but Gentry too? Damn, I never would have guessed that one. And I'm guessing Datalounge was right about Paul Stevens? I've found that I can't help thinking his performance as Brian Bancroft has a kindness to it that had to have come from the actor himself.

I hope they all found fulfillment and happiness during the time they lived. I know this is a very naive statement, but it just seems such a waste of who they were that they felt they couldn't be who they were (and not without reason at the time).

I stand corrected there. Like I said, I have no idea why I even started wondering about him. Maybe it was Michael Hudson I was getting vibes from? If so, I'll be the first one to stand up and point and laugh at myself.

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Thanks for that about Gregg Marx.   I had always hoped he would return to Days after he finished on ATWT.  

Phillip Brown was a hunk for sure!  I didn't see him when he was on SFT but there were great shirtless pics of him with Maree Cheatham.

Joseph Barbara and Hank Cheyne on AW also curled my toes!  

I hope they found fulfillment in their lives as well.  I think in the 60s and 70s soap stars lived more privately without the glare of the media.   I hope that helped.    

• Members

I remember, as a little baby gay..having a "crush" on the big brother in the Doris Day show...and years later found our he grew up to be that hot guy in soaps and commercials..see Phillip, we were meant to be for a lifetime, but ya missed ya chance!!!! : )

• 2 weeks later...