Chris B

Developing: 90210 Reboot with Original Cast!

That mockumentary reunion show was a very dumb idea.

This is sad:

Perry's 90210 co-stars, including Ian Ziering and Shannen Doherty, had taken to social media to share their public support after news of his hospitalization last week. Over the weekend, Doherty, who played his on-screen girlfriend Brenda Walsh early on in the Fox drama, said she had been in touch with the actor since his stroke. "I can't talk about it here 'cause I will literally start crying but I love him and he knows I love him. It's Luke, and he's my Dylan," she told ET over the weekend.

"I'm going to be linked with him until I die, but that's actually just fine. I created Dylan McKay. He's mine," the actor once said about the career-defining role.

This one got me right in the feels. A part of my 90s childhood, gone. Still so handsome, charming, and talented. A loss. RIP.

Truly heartbreaking!!! I fell madly in love with 90210 reruns during the summer between high school and college, and even though Brandon was and is bae, Dylan was unmistakably dreamy and magnetic. Luke Perry just knew how to play that role.

Jason’s car accident and Shannen’s cancer had me just assuming that LP would pull through this, but it all just happened so quickly.

Damn.  Was hoping he’d recover from his stroke. 😥  Loved 90120 as a teen.  RIP Luke.  

4 hours ago, Winchester91 said:

I hope this convinces Shannen Doherty to take part in the reunion. This death is really sad for some reason, and I wasn't even a Dylan stan. 

Unless the new reboot pays tribute to him I don't know why she would do an episode. I wouldn't. I'd rather see a 2 hour reunion movie instead of reboot. 

16 minutes ago, Toups said:

Damn.  Was hoping he’d recover from his stroke. 😥  Loved 90120 as a teen.  RIP Luke.  

That's the first word that came out of my mouth when I heard of the news. I thought he'd make a full recovery. I grew up on this show and he was one of my teen crushes. 

5 hours ago, BetterForgotten said:

Wow. Shocked, but looking back, he's aged a lot over the past 5 years or so. 

Luke always looked older than his age. Even during his time on 90210 his character looked older than what he was playing. But he did look very rugged as of late.

Rob Sheffield wrote really great remembrances for David Bowie and Prince, and he’s written one for Luke:

From Sen. Sherrod Brown’s wife:

I am very sorry to hear this news. By all accounts he seemed like a very nice guy who was loved my many people. Including many who grew up watching him on 90210. My condolences to his family, friends, co-workers and fans.