SOD: 2018 Best & Worst

• Members

Abbots family drama started very well. It had alot of heart with Dina's illness. Then it devolved into stupid with a WTD for John Abbot Jr. Had it gone the route of Abbots fighting Winters for Mergeron on the grounds that Dina wasn't mentally sound when she sold it, then we'd have had something. 

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It was revealed that Ashley engineered the whole ordeal....John is still Jack's father. Ashley wanted revenge for the "blood-Abbott Clause" deal Jack made, so  she manipulated Dina into thinking  that one of her affair's resulted into Jack being conceived, and she also sabotaged the paternity test she and Abby ran behind Jack's back....she also was the one who edited Charlie's tape so it would show Dina revealing the "truth" about Jack's paternity. 

the whole thing was asinine.

• Members

Oh thanks for this. I had no idea this happened lol

Can someone please tell me why John Abbot Jr is allowing Phyllis to be CEO pg Jabot? The Jack I've known for two decades would never sit back and allow this. He'd be scheming and lying and sabotaging and making deals with the devil to be CEO again. 

• Members

Awww c'mon - it was kinda fun when he thought for two seconds he might be Neil Fenmore's son - and then realized he would have slept with both his newfound sisters. 

Please register in order to view this content

Or maybe fun's not quite the word. At least they didn't drag that possibility out for a month.

• Members

Best Story: JT Return/Murder (Y&R)
Best Twist: The Baby Switch (GH)
Best Mystery: Who shot Bill? (B&B)
Biggest Waste of Screen time:  Mexican Getaway (Theresa, Chloe, El Fideo) (DAYS)
Best Use of History: Ryan is alive (GH)
Biggest Rewrite: Peter is Anna's son (GH)
Best Secret: Christian's paternity (Y&R)
Best Recast: Mike (GH)
Most Rejuvenated Character: Gabi (DAYS)
Most Sidelined Character: Hope (DAYS)
Best Family Drama: The Abbotts (Y&R)
Worst Family Drama: Oscar's Illness (GH)
Best Return: Laura (GH)
Worst Return: Summer (Y&R)
Best Couple: Liz & Franco (GH) !!!
Worst Couple: Emma & Xander (B&B)
Best New Couple: Ciara & Ben (DAYS)
Most Tortured Couple: Chad & Abby (DAYS)
Best Triangle: Ridge/Brooke/Bill (B&B)
Worst Triangle: Jason/Sam/Drew (GH)
Best Breakup: Nick & Sharon (Y&R)
Worst Breakup: Nick & Chelsea (Y&R)
Best Wedding: John & Marlena (DAYS)
Worst Wedding: Liam & Hope (B&B)
Biggest Tearjerker: Nathan's Funeral (GH)
Biggest Tearjerker 2: Hillary Dies (Y&R)
Biggest Waste of Talent: Nancy Lee Grahn (GH)
Biggest Waste of Talent 2: The Vets (Y&R)
Best Show: Days Of Our Lives

Best Waste of ti meJT Return/Murder (Y&R
Best Twistwith a couple they don't bother to use on screen because they create a gay couple and then never show them together....  The Baby Switch (GH)
Best Mystery: Who shot Bill? (B&B)
Biggest Waste of Screen time:  Mexican Getaway (Theresa, Chloe, El Fideo) (DAYS)
Best Use of History: Ryan is alive (GH)
Stupidest Rewrite: Peter is Anna's son (GH)
Best Secret: Christian's paternity (Y&R)     wasn't that last year? Nick's moved in with three women in the last year.....
Best Recast: Mike (GH)       
Most Rejuvenated Character: Gabi (DAYS)
Most Sidelined Character: Hope (DAYS)
Best Family Drama: The Abbotts (Y&R)        but the wasted time about Ashley USING HER CONFUSED, ILL MOTHER TO make Jack do a tour of old men to be his potential fathers when everyone knew John would ultimately be his dad was a waste of time
Worst Family Drama: Oscar's Illness (GH)            the Q's needed to be repopulated but there were plenty of characters they could have brought back.........
Best Return who never should have been fired in the first place ValenVarni you idiots Laura (GH)     
Worst Return: Summer (Y&R)   no lie there
Best Couple: Liz & Franco (GH) !!!      if your best couple should be awoman falling for a lunatic that kidnapped her child and is now looking to him as a co-parent
Worst Couple: Emma & Xander (B&B)     see above
Best New Couple: Ciara & Ben (DAYS)       
Most Tortured Couple: Chad & Abby (DAYS)
Best Triangle: Ridge/Brooke/Bill (B&B)     no B&B triangle should have best in front of it this year.
Worst Triangle: Jason/Sam/Drew (GH)    not much of a triangle when Drew shares barely any scenes with either
Best Breakup: Nick & Sharon (Y&R)     so he could jump back into bed with the town mattress? been there done that
Worst Breakup: Nick & Chelsea (Y&R)       they shouldn't have been a couple, she should have left with Adam
Best Wedding: John & Marlena (DAYS)
Worst Wedding: Liam & Hope (B&B)      at least we got Taylor back
Biggest Tearjerker: Nathan's Funeral (GH)      ??????
Biggest Tearjerker 2: Hillary Dies (Y&R)
Biggest Waste of Talent: Nancy Lee Grahn (GH)
Biggest Waste of Talent 2: The Vets (Y&R)    paul and Neil, maybe, but the rest were front and center all year
Best Show: Days Of Our Lives       by default?

• Members

Well, as someone who used to enjoy these annual editions, well I mean... SOD still exists so they might as well choose the best of the worst. But I do agree with some selections. I like the category of "Biggest Waste of Screen Time" because a lot of DAYS' story arcs of the past few years do feel exactly like that. At the end, what was actually accomplished? The journey itself wasn't an enjoyable ride, and the results were minimal or not satisfactory, so again, what's the point? 

You know what, screw it, I go against the grain here with y'all on Y&R. JT's return last year, along with Dina's Alzheimers, Hilary in general, Nick & Sharon's reuniting, and Mariah's lezzy tendencies is what brought me back to Y&R on a regular basis after being away for 8 years. I'm still waiting to see how this murder mystery is finally resolved. And no matter what, I effing like Sharon. I just do. And I like her paired up with Jordi Vilasuso.... and I own it  ©JILLZARIN 

Of course, they had to single out Nancy Lee Grahn cuz the peeps at SOD love her. Meanwhile, are they still giving mea culpas to J. Eddie Peck for daring to say he was a lousy Jake Martin recast?  J/K 

Archived