B&B actor updates his status on the soap

• Members

https://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/bbs-young-addresses-story-twist/?fbclid=IwAR1Kb7WhIFBhrD1XLKDVE3H5H15w088F8QmEDKmiAxq4pAN0aR8eHHl6bv8

Jacob Young tweeted an update about Rick’s B&B story and his status with the show. “I for one am incredibly sad and disappointed. Rick and Maya have split. (Love that would never die)” the actor posted on Twitter. “I loved working with @karlamosley it has been the highlight of my 21 year career in daytime.” Young also included a note to fans if they’d like to see Rick back in action, adding, “TRUST ME when I say your opinion matters.”

So the couple broke up offscreen.....LOLOLOL.....what a lost opportunity...lawd Bradley Bell is one horrible [!@#$%^&*] writer

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

According to SOD, Maya is going to return from Paris with Lizzy and say that her and Rick have been having problems. She will tell Brooke and Mr. and Mrs. Avant about this. Maya will be sad about breaking up with Rick. Also, Bold and The Beautiful had a Holiday party the other day to celebrate their 8,000 episode. It's being reported that something big will happen on that episode when it airs and it will send shockwaves throughout the families on the show. 

• Members

I don't understand when I read so many positive things about how wonderful the Maya and Rick story was, and her 'coming' out as a trans person.  It was horribly done.  Everyone but her father immediately loved Maya and Rick had zero problems with it...it's just not realistic.  There was no media hounding/paparazzi at all...for Forrester's "lead model" (of which there is no such thing so it was silly)...but for her to have been their brand contract model and the media didn't even hound her.  Everyone just immediately looked past it and even today - that's not going to happen.  Not everyone is going to love Maya yet everyone did except her father.  And it wrote Rick/Maya into a corner - there isn't anything interesting about them.  To be a Forrester man and his eye never wandered?  They've had countless triangles with Liam and Wyatt and Hope and Steffy and Ivy and keep the list going...anything Liam.  They squandered the opportunity for a Caroline/Rick/Maya triangle that could have lasted and it would have been more realistic. 

Anyway I've rambled.  But long story short I never saw the amazing 'love story' of Rick and Maya.  It was horribly done and completely unrealistic. 

• Members

Hope's baby gonna die. RIP. 

going off the way he's acting on soc media and past murmurs I would wager a guess he was being an ass bts? Probably, whining about airtime/storylines and couldn't take being a supporting character/team player? So, they just cut him. And Maya was collateral damage. 

the thing with these shows is you really have to just sit around and "wait your turn" because a lot of story happens organically just from characters being on the canvas, whether peripheral or not (which is how most of Katie's stuff happens) and I guess he couldn't deal with that. 

• Members

JY doesn't come across as that kind of guy. I once criticized his storyline on the show and he was very gracious about it and asked what and why I didn't like or care for the story. 

And when has Scott Clifton "waited his turn"? The guy has been on 24/7....Bradley Bell has some obsession with him. 

• Members

isn't that literally what happened when he left the first time for AMC? Seems like business as usual. lol

as for SC it's not his fault he's' a favorite. I don't like him either, but it is what it is. That said it's hard for me to feel bad for anyone on B&B being ignored/not getting story when multiple-Emmy Award winning actress Heather Tom literally waits around for Bradley to throw her a bone every now and then. LOL 

i'm sure he'll show up on GH. They love thinking they're making big moves by scooping up bigger name actor/actresses. Maybe, Lucky recast? Why not! 

• Members

It’s obvious what happened here. Maya and Rick were hugely popular, she was the future lead as Brad said, but the trans story killed their momentum. She was instantly this sainted good girl and their screentime dwindled. They weren’t going to keep paying him forever to do nothing. I don’t think it’s any deeper than that. That’s typical Brad Bell. It’s just a damn shame because Maya and Rick added so much to the show when written with some bite. 

• Members

JY was sidelined until the Widge/C2/Rick/Myrna storyline took off. He even talked about how the on-and-off really hampers performances, but once he got a regular story, the actors hit a groove. After not knowing what to do with KM, making Maya strong and determined after being 'nice' and losing worked so well. And those four actors worked so well together.

Instead of being pleased that B&B finally had a real diverse lead actress, Brad turned it into a pathetic PSA. It was appalling that everyone was so 'proud' of Myron. And $B who was obsessed with getting scoop and scandal on FC, just 'respected' her privacy. Sad. The story could have been great - having people angry about Maya's deception (like Brooke would be OK with anyone deceiving her child?), FC in crisis mode, paparazzi stalking her, threats against Maya, a long-term reunion with Rick (or Carter), etc. Instead, because Maya is TG, she must be a saint - because all TG's are saints - and can't be portrayed as a anything other than perfect. 

• Members

Not that it would have made a difference as Bell's intent was to never truly tell a story.  He got a PSA out of it and the LGBT community thanking him for that chit!  I'm still in shock (actually, complete and utter disgust) at soap viewers.  

And Karla Mosley is not the person I'd give heavy material to.  I haven't seen a black valley girl as a strong actress yet!  

• Members

I like KM. I got shot down years ago on here for suggesting her as a Lily recast on Y&R, but I think she would have been solid. (I later came to appreciate CK, although not how Lily was written.)

But I agree they shouldn’t have bothered with a trans story if they weren’t going to write it truthfully. The Zarf story on AMC was handled better, and I didn’t love that story. They allowed a spectrum of perspectives. However, today, many see depiction of bigotry as endorsement. But seeing characters start out with ignorance and evolve on the issue would have been helpful to the audience.

All that aside, they didn’t even allow characters to be uncomfortable with Maya’s lack of candor. Learning your partner has withheld an important part of her story is not something you’d simply brush off. Even if you were accepting, most people would wrestle with it.

At the end of the day, after Maya came out as trans, they essentially defanged and sidelined her, which was Brad’s most cynical move.

Archived