B&B December 2018 Discussion Thread

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

B&B was great in it's day but it's puzzling how this is still #2 in the ratings. The show is literally just having different couple combinations every living week and recycling romance fueled plots. IDK what Brad Bell is doing at this point but the ratings agree with him. 

• Members

And that's exactly why I believe she was killed off. Phoebe was Hope before Hope the perfect blonde princess while Steffy was the brunette screw up. Bell realized that Steffy battling her angelic blonde sister wouldn't be as exciting as Steffy battling Brooke's angelic blonde daughter and the rivalry was born...

• Members

I’ve always disagreed with that, Phoebe and Steffy SHOULD have been rivals as well as sisters...in the days of Lorie and Leslie on Y&R and even Sami and Carrie on Days, a nice sibling rivalry where everyone admires “perfect” Phoebe over Steffy the screw up, would have been the better way to go.

• Members

Honestly, I don't think Bell had planned that in advance because he never seems to plan any story beyond the next month.

Mackenzie Mauzy played Phoebe on contract from July 2006 to July 2008. She didn't renew her contract and stopped appearing the same month.
In June 2008, JMW was brought in as Steffy so she and Mauzy didn't really share much time together on-screen. Mauzy only returned for 5 episodes in December 2008 before Phoebe was killed off.

Hope was brought back as a contract role in January 2010. There's a whole year in between Phoebe's death and Hope's return, and Steffy didn't have a rival during that period. So assuming that Bell killed off Phoebe to replace her with Hope is a bit far-fetched.

Archived