Y&R December 2018 Discussion Thread

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's early still, but from what I saw today Fen doesn't really have any chemistry with Lola. But I will give them some more time to interact with each other to see if something develops there. I don't think that he comes across as very grounded, and he seems like a bit playboyish. But I think he's cute.

Also, I continue to enjoy Kyle and Mariah together. They have good chemistry and I could see them getting together down the line. MM has done a nice job of interacting and having chemistry with multiple women on the show, (Hilary, Mariah, Lola). I wouldn't be surprised if he had chemistry with Ana, too. I wonder when they might interact with each other, (even though I don't see a romance happening with them, anytime soon.) I also want to see Fen interact with Ana. ( I could see a romance happening with them, maybe after a Kyle/Lola/Fen triangle plays out.)

• Members

What is the point of bringing in the “working class” Rosales family if you’re going to have NIKKI NEWMAN in her living room?’ This is insane. Each episode is centered around this family and they’re using the vets to prop them up. That is the exact opposite of how you bring on a new family. 

The two things that do work for me are nuFen and nuAna. We need younger characters and it helps that they are established characters rooted in family. I haven’t seen enough of Fen to make a decision but on face value it seems like he can act which is good. NuAna is just golden. Not only is she incredibly beautiful, but she can act and has chemistry with everybody she’s interacted with. I hope her being a dark skinned black woman doesn’t limit her in this racist daytime landscape because she’s the type of newbie you dream of. 

• Members

Don't expect Nikki Newman to show up at Devon's penthouse to discuss anything with Ana. She hasn't even met anyone outside of winters yet and look how quickly Fen did. Fen wants to be on Devon's label LP. Instead of going to Devon, he's talking to Mariah about it and going through her. SMH. 

• Members

That is one reason why I think her getting a love interest is important. I don't want her to have the same fate Nate has had so far. Where she doesn't do anything but watch over Devon and doesn't do much outside of that. I am enjoying her and Devon's bond and I would like to see her do other things as well. Hopefully, we will get to see her work at Hamilton-Winters and interact with other characters. 

I would have liked to have seen a scene where bumped into Ana at Crimson lights and got to talking with her and found out she's Devon sister. Or a scene where he actually showed up at Hamilton-Winters with the Demo. And Ana greeted him and they talked about his interest in being a musician. Mariah shouldn't be in charge of whether or not his demo gets to Devon. 

• Members

I know y’all are right it’s just sad because even though I have no interest in this Rosales family, it certainly is doable if written correctly. The problem is the show is so poorly written overall that they don’t care about properly introducing them they simply want to execute their vision with no delay. In the end they’re dooming all of these characters. 

• Members

I have always hated Mariah in Devon's orbit for this particular reason. The show has a tendency to use her connection to him to give her story and airtime that should be his. Been going on since she showed up at GC Buzz looking for a job. 

+1. Fen is the secondary white guy. I don't want to see Ana fall into the same trap as Lily. 

I see some want her with Fen as if it's a boon for her.  It's not. Fen's family barely exists.  TPTB doesn't care about them or him. 

• Members

Watching yesterday's episode and the one on one scene with Devon and Ana was actually pretty nice. The Ana actress is actually really natural and despite being a newbie I do feel the sibling bond between her and Devon. I do hope they can make her a viable member of the cast and show, because she's beautiful and talented, and she's actually not fair skinned.

• Members

I think that Fen may be her best option right now and that they could possibly have a decent storyline together. (If given one). Kyle already has two/three women in his orbit. Lola who he's dating and Mariah who he has chemistry with. I wouldn't be surprised if Tessa was shown the door, and they eventually did a triangle with Mariah/Kyle/Lola.  Summer has left for now, but she still technically wants him too and could try to get with him again, whenever she comes back. I would like to see Kyle and Ana interact, but I don't think anything romantic will be written for them anytime soon.

I think that her and Noah could be interesting but he's currently not on canvas right now.  The only other man around her age is Arturo. I could see them maybe breaking up Abby/Arturo (due to Mia interfering) but I don't think that Arturo would be a better option for her than Fen. 

Also someone posted this on Twitter (It looks like it originally came from Lauren's Instagram, maybe her Instagram story):

IMO, they would be a good looking couple. 

• Members

I saw that on Twitter. I'd have to see what they look like onscreen together before I deem them anything. 

I get what you're saying. But I warn you, he just doesn't have care from TPTB to get Ana any story. By pairing her with him (if they do), they are relegating her to the side show the same way they did Lily for years with cane. White isn't always best but I get the feeling some think so. Hilary got more paired with Devon in their poorly written romance than lily ever did with cane. Hilary led story, lily was always Cane's supporting cast. 

• Members

I hope she gets some decent storylines. Today she was making a pitch for one of Devon's clients to Rebecca Barlowe

Please register in order to view this content

I would like to see her work at Hamilton-Winters and create a nice career for herself in addition to getting a love interest. 

Also, it looks like those pictures originally came from Zach Tinker's Instagram story. They were hanging out together in his dressing room. Loren does have a video of them interacting together in her story, and Zach has a short video of them as well. They are cute. 

Archived