Y&R December 2018 Discussion Thread

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

He's definitely unattractive. But in his scenes with Victor on today's show, I started to like him. 

I'm largely over how the show ignores Dru. They'll never bring the character back or discuss her in the manner they should. 

However, it's silly that Devon and Bates kinship should go through Winters men versus Barber women. Both connections are valid though. So it's not like it was some huge reach. 

Lola is a ridiculous character. They are doing all they can to show she's not a golddigger. Won't matter to many viewers anyway.  

• Members

I enjoyed the Fen and Ana scenes today. I like him figuring out that she was the songwriter of his demo and her opening up to him about her past as a songwriter. I am glad to see them establishing a connection with each other. I liked the looks he was giving her and I believe they will eventually fall for each other and get together. He was already chasing after her a little and trying to get her to give him some of her time.  (Though they may have Fen try to date Lola first. especially with her "breaking up" with Kyle.)

Speaking of Lola, her reaction to the purse was OTT and immature. Kyle has been an excellent boyfriend to her, (IMO she's not going to find anybody who will treat her better) He didn't deserve to be berated by her, for buying her a nice gift. I know that the writers probably want to give them angst, but this is not the way. Lola is coming across as immature and is unnecessarily struggling to date a rich man who has treated her very well. Kyle really seems to care for her. (He may already love her). She seems resentful towards Kyle for being rich and that won't bode well for them as a couple, if she doesn't stop doing that. I hope she makes adjustments if she wants to get back together with him. He has bent over backwards to please her.

And I liked the scenes with Nate and Nick in the car when Nick was thanking Nate for helping his family. I wouldn't mind seeing them be friends. Maybe Nate could befriend someone like Rey as well. I have been liking him in these hospital scenes and interacting with other people outside of his family. I wonder how he might try and explain away Nikki not being in the hospital room.

• Members

Was that the reason? I didn't think they gave one. I heard her talking but thought the end result of the scene was explaining why she doesn't sing anymore and prefer behind the scenes. But if that's the case, it makes sense why she is hiding she wrote it. But it still doesn't explain why she's lying to Devon. She should tell him so he can fix it. It makes no sense to tell stranger Fen but not brother devon.

Also what i thought. Lying to Devon for no reason IMO 

+1

Fen is being portrayed as having less money so I'm sure he and Lola will date. Fen shouldn't be any poorer than Kyle, though. His mother is a Fenmore Heiress. He shouldn't be broke 

I hate they've made Fen some struggling artist. He should be a young hot shot corporate lawyer trying to untangle his family's company from Jabot. 

• Members

And, Lauren did say she would try and get Michael to consider helping Fen financially while he's trying to make it as an artist. (After her and Michael initially said they wouldn't support his dream financially.)I really don't think they should have Lola acting like this regarding money.  I think she looks bad. This is not good angst for her and Kyle. IMO, Lola is going to look kind of ridiculous if she runs to Fen, because she can't deal with Kyle being rich. Fen does come from a rich family and will be probably eventually be rich himself, once he establishes a successful music career.

So she'll possibly be running from a rich man (Kyle) to a man from a rich family who will become rich eventually by himself (Fen). And there really is no other young man on the canvas (outside of Arturo) who isn't from a wealthy family. Noah is also wealthy so her insecurities about wealth and rich people could still rear it's ugly head no matter who she dates.  I think she may try to attempt to date Fen and then find out the grass isn't greener, before she ultimately goes back to Kyle. (And maybe realizing she loves Kyle in the process).

Also, I wouldn't have minded seeing Fen as a laywer, but I'm okay with him as a musician.

• Members

When I first heard the story about Lola being a virgin I actually thought that Kyle might end up in bed with someone like Mia. (After him and Lola had some problems in their relationship). I could see Mia being that messy. But now it looks like her and Rey have "worked things out" for the time being. I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up in bed with someone, but I definitely hope it's not Ana. There is a spoiler that says that 

Please register in order to view this content

I'm not sure who sure who that is. I don't think it's Kyle/Ana. Maybe it's Cane/Victoria.  I also saw a rumor floating around that said that:

But I'm not sure how true that is either, and am looking to see if a reputable spoiler mag/site confirm that.

• Members

It's more than likely 

But if they are going to make Lola the Madonna/virgin, they need a whore for her to be more deserving and to win out  over. Who else is left? 

I can see a story where she breaks up with Kyle, gets with Fen who is less understanding and doesn't treat her as well as Kyle. She has regrets but he's already moved on with someone. The story then becomes Kyle and Lola pining and wanting each other but new love interest is standing in the way. 

• Members

I definitely hope they don't treat Ana like that. She doesn't deserve to be treated like that. If anything she is the one who should have multiple men fighting over her. Granted I wouldn't mind see Kyle talking to Ana and befriending her ( and it would be cool if they had chemistry) but I don't want him quickly sleeping with her to try and get over Lola. I rather they would have Ana focus on her music career, family and continue to build a good connection with Fen, which will result in him ultimately falling in love with her. 

They could have Kyle lean on Mariah for the time being. I think they have good chemistry and I could see them getting together down the line. I wouldn't mind eventually seeing a slow burn love story with them.

• Members

Does anyone call Niiki’s Sister (or is she dead?) to tell her that her sister is dying?  At least mention her?   I guess no one remembers her.

That said -  Loved that Traci has been on so much this Christmas season.  It’s been great. I guess she left town with Ashley?  

• Members

Well, I tried to give them a chance at first. But they never should have aged Lily and Cane's kids anyway. I'd have rather seen children react to what's going on than teens who can't act. But I hate they had kids to begin with and that they were even together, so that's a whole nother rant ... lol

It's so glaring. It's as if Casey doesn't exist at all. I imagine no one remembers her. Who is left on the staff who would (honest question)? But it's glaring as hell.

Archived