Days: December 2018 Discussion Thread ⌛🎅🎄🎁

• Members

I'm 2+ weeks behind still... glad to see they're having a gay character act like a total queen... too bad it's the villain. Y'know what the Gladyses and Eleanors in the bible belt will be thinking:  straight-acting = good; effeminite = bad 

One theory: I guess it's because they never wanted to establish or insinuate Will, Sonny, or Paul's positions of catcher vs. pitcher. 

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

A while ago Marlena tried to talk with him and I think she tried to convince him to get help. Or at least get more to the root of his obsession with "Gabby". I remember watching a scene with them, (it may him been when she was being held captive with Kate in the tunnels,) where she was talking with Stefan about the way he was acting with Abby/"Gabby". She tried to get through to him regarding his behavior.

• Members

From what I can remember he didn't really want to talk much about it. (Though, Marlena did seem sympathetic towards him and tried to get him to open up more.)  I don't think he sees anything wrong with the way he's acting regarding his feelings for "Gabby".

• Members

I can't keep up with the comings and goings on this show. Is Bryan Datillo leaving? Those Lucas/Chloe scenes had me going WTF. Lucas is leaving because he's afraid that Allie, who apparently is now old enough to drink, is going to become an alcoholic. I was sitting there watching this like, wut? They probably announced his exit a year ago and I forgot.

Also, is Rex totally done? Did they only bring him back to usher in Sarah and be revealed as Mimi's baby daddy?

Fun game for Thursday's show: Take a drink every time someone says "Daniel." Years later and this dude is still mentioned constantly.

• Members

Good episode today. I really enjoyed it. I am glad that they did something for Julie's 50th anniversary on the show. Loved seeing the flashbacks of her talking to Alice and Tom in the past and also the several Julie and Dough flashbacks at the end. It was nice seeing her talk a bit about her history with them and telling Eli about David. I also liked seeing her be supportive of Chloe about Lucas broke up with her.

It was nice seeing Doug again and having him interact with JJ, and Eli, Lani, Lucas. Doug/Bill looks great. I was also glad that Lucas got to say goodbye to Will, Kate and other family members of his. I thought those were nice scenes. 

The Sonny/Leo/Will scenes were interesting as well. Leo made me laugh out loud multilpe times today. With the way he said "Sonny I love you" and then when he said "No yes, yes, 1000 times yes," after Sonny agreed to marry him. I do believe he genuinely has feelings for Sonny and that is one reason why he wanted to marry him. (in addition to having money and power from being in the Kirakis family). He admitted today that he hoped to change Sonny's mind about him and Will. And he said after he first started scheming with Vivian that he genuinely liked Sonny.

• Members

YES! The show (well, James Reilly) was stupid to write Julie off way back when.  She has always been an integral, essential part of this show, and the fact that fans went years without seeing her in Salem is egregious. I do not like RC's writing style in general, but I will be the first to give him kudos for using Julie and Doug, and for celebrating SSH's 50th anniversary.

This may sound ridiculous, but being old enough to have seen SSH's debut appearance way back in 1968, I got very verklempt seeing Julie, Doug, Tom and Alice all in one episode. It momentarily made DAYS feel like "home" for me again, and it was wonderful. I even got the warm fuzzies being in the Horton living room with the Christmas tree.

I miss the golden DAYS of yore.

Archived