Days: December 2018 Discussion Thread ⌛🎅🎄🎁

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Losing weight is hard and he's doing it healthily by focusing on diet. He clearly knew he was overweight and not looking OK on camera and he's put in the hard work. I'm sure he's taken an immense amount of crap for how badly he was looking, which only makes the emotional side of that worse. 

So I say, good for Freddie and all best of luck to him to keep going and keep it off. 

• Members

Yeah, good for Freddie on the weight loss, but that doesn’t save him for me. I was never crazy about his looks, and he’s a lousy actor (although Chandler has matched him there lately).

The club looked barren for a NYE party. If you can’t fill the room and make it look real, don’t do it.  I’d rather see a house party than a fake ass club party. 

Regarding the guys withiut shirts, I agree that Eric Martsolf looked better in his PASSIONS days. But don’t forget that he’s 47 — and for 47 he looks damn good. 

Chandler is 28. I know some you guys melt at the sight of him, but sometells me that he won’t look nearly as good at 47 as EM does.

• Members

It's nice that they have toned down Sarah's personality. Lindsay's a great actress, but the material where she had to come off as so aggressive so fast didn't go over well. It was also nice to see her FINALLY interacting with the rest of the Hortons. Tom and Alice have so many descendants on the show, but they rarely feel like a family outside the Christmas episodes. I wish we could see more scenes of all of the Hortons interacting as family. I loved how they were developing the brother-sister dynamic between Jennifer and Lucas at one point. Those scenes are the types that make soaps feel like "a family."

Also, aren't Will and Sonny going to have to deal with the fact that Gabi, the mother of their child, has been gaslighting their cousin, Abby, this whole time? That's a whole story beat that's not being explored and would give them something to focus on together as a couple. There's your custody battle right there. Maybe I'm jaded, but I don't really care who raises Holly at this point. Although, I hated Leo the first time, I'm loving this scheming, blackmailing to get into the rich family version. It's a great soap trope. He's that type of low-level soap villain that brings in some necessary humor (think Gina on the classic Santa Barbara) I hope they find a way to continue to weave him into story.

Also, I find all of the focus on Freddie's weight to be depressing. I mean c'mon + or - 20lbs he's still a good looking guy. Is his body perfect? No, but in a way, that made him cuter to me than the cookie cutter bodies of the other actors. That's a guy I could cuddle with! As someone who's dealt with body image issues of a different kind, body shaming in general turns me off, and when it's about a guy who's clearly a handsome dude it's mind boggling at the way some people focus on it. I'd LOVE to see pictures of the people who are criticizing him!  

• Members

I'm still curious how a writer could mess up bringing on Sarah... that is a character with such an interesting backstory... the character practically writes itself... yet Ron manages to screw up bringing back a character with loads of built in story (feeling unfavored by Maggie compared to Melissa/Daniel, her conception being a result of artificial insemination, finding out that her biological father wasn't a guy named Evan but a doctor named Neil, discovering her mother sleeping with Neil thus beginning her hesitance at having a healthy romantic relationship, being estranged from the family since she hasn't been back for family functions in years, etc). 

I guess it takes a writer with a unique talent to drop the ball even on characters with obvious avenues to explore.

• Members

I'm not too familiar with who is related to who but isn't Sonny only cousin to Abby since their parents are siblings? I agree though it would make a better story of two gay fathers taking Gabby to court for full custody instead of the Leo nonsense. 

IMO he is on TV so he is fair game. His appearance is part of his job and not looking like a slob on screen. Notice how Ron hasn't had Sonny shirtless in years it seems??

• Members

I thought that some of the ladies on the show looked nice the other day including Chloe, Lani and Jen.  I also thought that Sarah looked decent looking. And I saw some chemistry between Sarah and Dr. Shaw. I wonder how long he will be around.

The Eve reveal was very weak IMO. I don't think hardly any of the characters on the show really cared if Eve returned or not except maybe Brady. And even he said he didn't feel like calling her yesterday when Chloe suggested it. IMO, her showing up in a hood like everybody would be scared to see her was lame. (Though I do know her return will be connected to a bigger and more important character return).

And I don't see any chemistry with JJ and Haley Chen. I feel bad for JJ, it's like they don't really have anybody decent for him as a love interest. I did enjoy his interaction with Theresa this last time around. I thought they had chemistry. Maybe they can bring her back for him. 

• Members

I know...the DAYS family tree can be soooo confusing. So, Abby is both Will and Sonny's first cousin. Will's father is Lucas, half-brother to Jennifer, and Sonny's mother Adrienne is sister to Abby's father, Jack. I often feel like Will is not properly integrated with the rest of the Hortons.

Everyone is everybody's cousin it seems which I know makes it difficult to create new couplings.

I like Kassie as an actress and enjoyed her on OLTL, but Eve as a character has just never sparked for me. I've liked her best when she's at odds with goody goody Jennifer. Maybe this storyline will play that up. Also, as much as I thought Paige was a bore, I think Eve needs a child of her own at this point if she's going to stick around.

Archived