Days: December 2018 Discussion Thread ⌛🎅🎄🎁

• Members

The SSH/Julie tribute was beautiful classic DAYS. Ya gotta give RC credit for respecting history. Who knows, maybe Denise Alexander may finally make her way back to Salem...? 

It's funny, thinking of Julie's other grandson Scottie. Rick Hearst is 53; in the soap world, he could be the grandfather to a teenager, making Julie a great-great-grandmother. 

It's moments like these that make for a perfect reintroduction of people like Scottie, Susan Hunter, etc.  (just as I had hoped for GL's Bauer clan when they did their 70th anniversary episode, but alas...).  As long as they respect the ages of the characters, as opposed to Sarah's de-SORASing. 

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I got emotional too, especially when "The Most Beautiful Girl in the World" came on.  I knew Bill had recorded a song but I expected it to be a generic one like we've been getting the last few years.  Made me think of watching with my mom, and telling her that Doug was right whenever he sang that song to Julie.  I'm so happy that Susan received this tribute, not only for my enjoyment, but because I'm sure this made her and Bill happy.  I know there have been times they must have felt that their contributions have been forgotten.  They've had a good year, and as Susan has said, it wasn't posthumous! 

• Members

Leo continues to make me laugh. I laughed at him calling Justin "Daddy" and Adrienne "Mother Kirakis" in today's episode. And him also referring to Sonny as "Jackson". I think he had nice chemistry with Shelia as well. I enjoyed seeing them interact together.  And his butterfly suit was something.... I actually thought that Justin/Adrienne didn't take the wedding news as badly as they could have taken it, (though maybe that will change during tomorrow's episode.) And honestly Sonny didn't take it that badly either, and didn't look as uncomfortable as he could have been holding Leo's hand during the ceremony.

Also, I liked seeing Will and Marlena spend some time together. I enjoy their bond.  And I think that the custody for Holly storyline is interesting. It also seemed like they had Sarah/Brady and and Chloe/Eric mix it up a little today with each other. Brady greeting Sarah at the door with a towel on... hmmm... Maybe these scenes were to show Brady/Sarah and Chloe/Eric on decent enough terms, before the drama really begins in the fight over who gets to raise Holly.

With the introduction of Nicole's letter saying she wanted Chloe to raise her alongside Parker, I could see more conflict happening between these four. Especially as they are separated in pairs (Sarah/Eric vs Chloe/Brady) in the fight for Holly. I could see Maggie being stuck in the middle, even though before the she learned of the letter today, she had agreed to let Eric raise Holly. I wonder if that will change when she learns about the letter.

• Members

Yes, The Most Beautiful Girl in the World and The Look of Love were signature songs for Doug and Julie, particularly TMBGITW, so I am grateful to DAYS for coughing up the dough to use a signature song on air.

At various times, the show has treated the Hayses terribly, keeping them off the show for years on end. In this era of dwindling audiences and alienated viewers, familiar and beloved faces like Doug and Julie are a godsend. Nowadays, I ONLY watch the soaps when I know there will be appearances by my favorite vets.

• Members

Adrienne: You will never be accepted into this family.

Leo: Your loss, Mama K, because I am a scream to hang out with.

I actually laughed out loud. Leo is the only thing making Will/Sonny remotely interesting. Never saw GR on Y&R, but he's fun in this role. And they really need to let Sonny have a different hairstyle.

• Members

I don't think that those pics of him in the butterfly suit are very flattering but I don't think that GR has looked so bad when he has been in other outfits. Like the one he had on this week before the wedding. I think that hairstyle is he wearing in the wedding pics does help age him. It looks like an old fashioned hairstyle someone could get at the hair salon. 

Archived