GH: November 2018 Discussion Thread

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just finished watching the Escape Room stuff.  It's something different. I liked that they used so many characters. I just don't care about most of them.  With a better set of characters. This could've been chessy fun to watch. GH even references their menagerie of killer's histories. It would've been awesome if Ryan had killed most of them.  

• Members

I also really used to love holiday episodes, and I especially liked the ones that had the sweetness and the joy and also had some melancholy or even scenes of people that were estranged.  Like real life, which is what soaps do best.  A mirror of real communities.

• Members

I like the hospital set, too, but it’s always so underpopulated it’s ridiculous. I don’t get what you mean about production values being excellent, because some of the sets look cardboard cheap to me, with blue tones used everywhere on the canvas.

The cast looks amazing? Uh...ok, if you say so. I don’t think the hair, makeup, and wardrobe is near as good as that on Y&R.

• Members

Y&R the clothes look so cheap or old. Nothing is properly fitted and the women’s hair is rarely even brushed. It’s eapecially apparent at group events. On GH from what I’ve seen everybody looks very polished and put together. And I stand by my opinion on the sets. They were spacious and we get a good variety of what they show at least from what I’ve seen so far. 

• Members

Not to defend GH, because it's awful, but I think the 2000 episode is longer than current episodes so they may have needed that time to fit it in?   I think they cut some scenes as well from the original airing to fit the current commercial times too, but I could be wrong.  My memory may be failing me but when they did those classic episodes/Brenda marathon they cut some scenes too because the episodes were just a few minutes longer back then.

• Members

I thought by 2000 we had already gotten the 39 mins or so of actual soap in an hour--but in the past 1 years they certainly could have given even more soap time.  I know that when SoapNet would have marathons they usually would cut at least a scene or two of their older (but we're talking 1980s or earlier) episodes...

• Members

She's a good start, Ninny should be next, she just threatened Ava. Same with fake daughter. But they have to keep Big Red to reunite with Willow, her obvious real daughter they are forcing on us. Whoever at ABC thinks that Nina is a viable character obviously doesn't actually watch the show.

Archived