GH: November 2018 Discussion Thread

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

In theory Stone and Robin could have met through Brenda and Jagger.  Robin actually met Stone through Brenda on GH at Jagger's boxing match.  Not defending GH because Sonny had a 25th show without a single Brenda mention which hurts my S&B loving soul, but there are actual ways Stone and Robin could have had a relationship without Sonny. 

• Members

^^^^I doubt it.  This regime seems to have little interest in Brenda.  Oh well, it would have been a way better episode if the writers would have done a what if Sonny left the mob and married Brenda episode, but bringing Dante back was okay.  Too bad MB has little connection or chemistry with Olivia.  The whole premise was odd.  Like either way Sonny would have shot his own son so it's cool. 

Please register in order to view this content

Okay, Gh...

• Members

I would have to say SOC has some bizarre fanbases.  So much Liason/Friz/Jasam love.  Even a lot of Sonny/Carson love.  Does that make up the fanbase these days?  I am not a frequent GH viewer anymore, but it's ridiculously pro Sam.  Is Sam that popular?  I have never considered her anything but a Brenda wannabe that became a popular character.  She literally has 0 characteristics I could tell you about except she is Jason's 'ride or die' chick.

• Members

I always felt Sam was a Brenda ripoff as well. I find her to be such a ridiculous character. She's been forced on us since day one. I remember when she first started and they had her with Jax and that stupid Dead Man's Hand (?) story that soaked up airtime. Then she was with Sonny and was, of course, on nearly every day. And then the Alexis connection that came out of nowhere which just made me hate her even more. Not to mention I could never stand Kelly's whispering and sleepy acting. I never understood the appeal. I still don't. But it is funny to watch the Dream and Jasam fans go at it on twitter!

• Members

Oh Sam was 100% a Brenda rip off in the beginning.  From what I understand, she just had a tweaked sort of version of VM's storyline if she hadn't left so abruptly in 2002.  Getting pregnant by Sonny falling in love with Jason, etc.   I believe an S&B baby would have lived and S&B were the endgame, but it was the basic plot points.  Someone posted the full storyline on the web years ago and it made sense.  Kelly is pretty, but she is like Brenda (even 2010 Brenda) on a large dose of Xanax.  I mean, good for you, Kelly Monaco for doing what no other Brenda wannabes did and be relevant on your own, but I have never gotten her appeal.   I know daytime isn't right for Vanessa anymore (the fast pace seems to really kill her performance), but she had a spark in her original run that no one on this show right now could even touch, not to mention she was probably the most beautiful woman on daytime in the 90's.  KM always looks a little ridden hard and put away wet.

• Members

I've been saying for fourteen years that Sam's big break in '04 was just a reskinned version of Guza's plans for Jason/Brenda and folks kept calling me crazy. The writing and interplay was designed to be the same initially. It was very obvious at the time.

That being said, flaws and all I've come to like Kelly for what she is good at, which is not being Jason's gun moll.

• Members

I don't really have a problem with Kelly she is just so zzzzzz.....  I mean she's fine, but not ever going to be a fan favorite for any real longtime GH fan.

I thought it was common knowledge they poached Kelly after PC's cancellation to fill the role of Brenda.  Guza never thought VM was going to leave and literally had built the show around her.  Dumb idea, but Kelly came in to finish it off.  Brazen/S&B were always the story.  I think Jax was just an outsider in all the Brenda stories, so Kelly just picked up where the ruins were.  I mean I get the Guza idea: S&B baby, Brazen, it's kinda golden but without Brenda it's just another Sonny baby mama.

GH spent far too many years trying to replace Brenda in the worst ways.  It wasn't going to happen hence the rise of Carly as a lead.

• Members

PREACH. I've never been a fan of Sam for many reasons. Talk about one of the most useless characters ever. LOL

Me too.

Pretty much all of this

Yesss ... lol

Everyone's saying all I've thought for years and years. I sort of like Kelly but Sam is just so pointless and useless and has always felt like a placeholder. 

Archived