depboy

GH: November 2018 Discussion Thread

Spoiler

FRIDAY, DEC. 21

GENERAL HOSPITAL – “Toys for Tots” returns to Port Charles for its sixth consecutive year with a very special episode to support the “Marine Toys for Tots Foundation.” With the whole town in the holiday spirit, the in-story celebration includes a reading from “‘Twas the Night Before Christmas” and a surprise visit from Santa and his helpers passing out gifts to the children at General Hospital. Meanwhile, Michael and Willow continue to grow closer; Cameron looks to make amends when his good deed goes horribly wrong; and Anna gets a second chance to make new holiday memories. (weekdays, 3:00-4:00 p.m.; check local listings) (ABC | JD)

1 minute ago, Faulkner said:

I wonder if a dramatic reset for the show is in the cards. The ratings declines have been massive even by today’s low standards.

Nah, a dramatic reset was needed eons ago.  ABCd does not care about this show and needs a replacement that sticks.  When GH officially dies, I'm good!  

7 minutes ago, ChitHappens said:

Nah, a dramatic reset was needed eons ago.  ABCd does not care about this show and needs a replacement that sticks.  When GH officially dies, I'm good!  

I don’t disagree, but eventually something’s gotta give. It seems like GH skates by because ABC Daytime always has a bigger fire to put out (The Revolution, The Chew, now GMA Day).

That wasn't an amazing period but it's still vastly superior to just about anything in the 2010s. Unwise for them to show anything from the prior writing corps which hung in at GH until Frank took over.

Not at all GH related, but OMG the posters at SOC are off their meds.  Between the constant Friz vs JaSam wars, the Sonny apologists, and the people who can’t construct full sentences, I’ve lost so many brain cells reading the posts, that I feel as though I am not much more than a plate of mashed potatoes on my mother’s Thanksgiving Day table.  I try to be objective when I go to message boards, honestly I do, but the incoherent ramblings of the posters over there make it very difficult.

I get it. I get the passion behind loving the show.  I get that people are drawn to certain characters/couples.  But the ignorance that has infected the boards there has reached a whole other level of WTF.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled thread, already in progress.

Edited by depboy

So, let me get this straight. In this “what if...” episode, because Sonny wasn’t in the mob, he never donated money to GH to fund the Stone Cates memorial AIDS wing, so Robin ends up dying of AIDS? So now we have Sonny to thank for Robin being alive?

Alrighty then.

3 minutes ago, depboy said:

So, let me get this straight. In this “what if...” episode, because Sonny wasn’t in the mob, he never donated money to GH to fund the Stone Cates memorial AIDS wing, so Robin ends up dying of AIDS? So now we have Sonny to thank for Robin being alive?

Alrighty then.

What if would probably be that Since Sonny was never in the Mob he never met Stone, who never met Robin and she probably never got HIV

4 minutes ago, depboy said:

Alrighty then.

How stupid.  How would Stone and Robin even have met?  He worked for Sonny who worked for Frank Smith running the club and other illegal activities.