GH: November 2018 Discussion Thread

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

While Chloe Lanier is a superb actress, I did not like Nelle at all.  It took TPTB too long to figure out what they wanted her to be, and by the time they did, I couldn't warm up to Nelle.  I liked Ava from the beginning, but, I didn't like the direction they were taking her while she was with Griffin.  I like her return to the not-so-nice Ava who is capable of being very dangerous if crossed.  I think Maura West is one of the few actresses who could take a character that can be so vile, but yet, make the viewer feel sorry for her character at times.

• Members

I’ve never felt anything but indifference or antipathy for Ava, but then I’ve never liked MW as an actress. Her character (and the screen time she ate) was the reason I could never fully get into ATWT by the time I was old enough to watch or follow soaps other than the one I was brought up on.

And she was just as responsible for AJ’s death as the slime ball who pulled the trigger. No going back from that for me.

• Members

That’s funny!

When did Carly become such an expert at Morse Code?

I’m more than ready to never see Sonny again.

Guza was a strong writer, even if I didn’t enjoy his stories or his focus, it was mostly well written.  There was depth and character.  Maurice does not do well with lackluster writing.  People like Wright and Jane Elliott and and Geary have been able to make crappy writing still work.  Maurice just struggles under that and it shows.

Archived