GH: November 2018 Discussion Thread

• Members

He's a white twink under 25. That's all Frank Valentini needs to put him on four days a week and pretend he's got Starr and Cole Mark III. He is obsessed with that demo even when the young actors are not capable.

I feel bad for Donnell Turner, who came on claiming he wanted to be "the black Luke Spencer." He's talented and incredibly charismatic but no black male is going to get that kind of star exposure on GH.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Briana Nicole Henry led the episode counts this month and Donnell Turner was behind her by one episode. Is this the first time in GH history that two African American cast members have led the episode counts? I can't think of other cast members in years past who would have. I'm happy the day has finally come but I wish, like many have said, that the writing was there for Curtis and Jordan for me to be more invested.

• Members

Yeah. Two tokens have rarely felt more omnipresent. The writers don’t really care much about them in spite of their big “wedding” and the Stella drama. They want the pat on the back for diversity while Curtis and Jordan support the (white) characters they actually want us to invest in. 

• Members

It doesn't matter when none of them are capable of carrying their material. I find the kid playing Cameron okay but I don't watch much and I hear he's not so great. He should not be carrying story.

The girl playing Joss was hired as a temp and stayed only because she was white, blonde and cheap. She can't carry massive story and Joss shouldn't. Garren Stitt is beyond awful.

This show has never given two fúcks about either character. It's Brian and Claudia. If they did, Curtis would not have been relegated to Jordan or vice versa. But I've never liked Jordan, though I did like Vinessa Antoine.

Archived