GH: November 2018 Discussion Thread

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I've known this all along since Griffin debuted but today and yesterday's episodes are a painful confirmation of how limited Matt Cohen's acting skills are. He was terrible! Fake crying with no tears and the obnoxious confused face he always makes. 

Maura West, on the other hand, continues to prove there's nothing she can't do. She is always dangerously close to being over the top, and yet, makes every breath and word she utters feel realistic. I couldn't take my eyes off of her. Her scene today over Kiki's body bag was absolutely gut-wrenching and awfully painful to watch. 

• Members

To be honest, I think it's a testament to how brilliant Maura is that anyone cares about Ava at all. Even though I detested her recent actions against Kiki and felt they weren't mother-ly in the slightest, I couldn't help but feel devastated for her after her performance. That's what a great actor does - makes you feel every possible conflicting emotion for their character and constantly keep you on the edge of your seat to see what they're going to do next, and Maura has all of that in spades.

• Members

+3. Maura and Jon Lindstrom are basically why I tune into GH these days. They are effortlessly good, they draw me in and they make the writing work/somehow palatable. That is no mean feat. JL may not be some toned, 8-packed twink, but I literally have starry eyes watching him. His voice, his presence, his on-screen magnetism takes me right back to Santa Barbara when he played Mary McCormick's abusive husband, and he literally popped off the screen alongside some other gold-star actors on that show.

As for Maura, she is the undisputed star of the show (of Daytime, really, now that Eileen Davidson has left) as far as I'm concerned. Her scenes are always compelling to watch, and especially yesterday's. It's not often that Daytime affects me anymore, but work like she put in yesterday does.

Archived