Days: November 2018 Discussion Thread βŒ›πŸ¦ƒπŸŽ© ❄ β›„

• Members

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

I'm biased because I'm a big Lauren Koslow fan, but I think Kate is a useful character. She can (and has been) parachuted into storylines at random and enhances them. Koslow raises most of the performances around her because she has a lot of charisma and chemistry with those she shares scenes with. Obviously, if it wasn't her in the role, Kate would have been written out in and around 1998, but she endures.Β 

Β 

Β 

That filter makes Casey Moss look about 11.Β 

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Kate's original connection to Marlena was that she was a patient and eventual friend of hers in the '70s. I don't know if Marlena was aware of Lucas' being Bill's son. Back in the day, Marlena and Kate were close enough that Marlena was maid of honor at the first wedding to Victor (John was best man).

• Members

Renee Jones left the show when MarDar were head writers and the executive producers were Lisa de Cazotte and Greg Meng. During her last three years on the show she talked about how happy she was to not work much and having free time. Then during her exit interview it seemed like her passion for acting had died. I can't blame her. The last times she seemed excited about the show it went nowhere. They brought her back (after the first firing) along with all the other DiMeras. She said she hadΒ some of her best time on the show working with Joe Mascolo, Thaao Penghlis, William Utay and Steve Blackwood and was looking forward to working with them again. But during the summer of 2007 when the big Brady/DiMera Vendetta was being told, Lexie spent most of the time on the backburner until RJ was fired again, without anΒ on-screen exit, her last episode was just as a background extra at Shawn and Belle's wedding.

Β 

A couple of months later she was brought back again and the show was gonna reveal that Theo had autism. RJ and James Reynolds did alot of press to promote it along with Dena Higley. I never really cared about that because it didn't seem like Theo having autism was really a storyline, because what do you do with that? I was more excited about Lexie going up against Stefano when the mayor, who was on his payroll, was being challenged by Abe running for office. Β That wasΒ literally when Tomlin joined the show as EP and killed the story.

Paul's exit wasΒ decent. They put moreΒ thorough on Paul's exit than Valerie's.Β  I found it strange that Paul didn't share any finalΒ scenes with either Sonny or Will. Valerie never even got to live in one of those tiny hotel rooms . Most SalemitesΒ  live in

Please register in order to view this content

Β Tripp, Claire, Ben and Ciara are a tedious quad. The only reason they're so many Cin shippers is because RWS is HOT. For a homeless man Ben always looks well put together. Ben is sporting a nice haircut. His manbrows have been waxed.Β I'm SO Sick of Horton Square. I would kill to see characters in different settings. Poor Sheila is being wasted on stuffy grumpy old fart Abe. An interesting colorful character like Sheila is stuck with dullards.Β Β 

Β 

• Members

Β 

I know, I was there for all of it

Please register in order to view this content

Β She bailed before Tomlin came back. That was telling. But I think she was ready to move on. I can't blame her. But I miss her.

Β 

LMAO.

Β 

Seems like it.

Β 

She leaves and comes back but I don't know how long she sticks around again. I'm not as in the loop with the DAYS news at the moment as I used to be.

• Members

Well poor poor Sonny left because he couldn't take Will with Paul....lame as hell....and am I suppose to feel bad for Sonny? Because I am NOT. And Will is probably still looking for that sap and will realize later Paul has left town. I can't believe Will went back to dull boring Sonny....yawn...........

Archived