Days: November 2018 Discussion Thread ⌛🦃🎩 ❄ ⛄

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I remember some years ago, when Soapnet  aired like the first two or four episodes ( I can't remember exactly how many ) of Days. I believe they aired those shows to celebrate Days' 40th anniversary. It was interesting and fun to watch and see what type of "drama" they had back then. The most drama I can remember watching from those episodes was a teenage Julie shoplifting and being upset that she didn't get enough attention from her parents. It's interesting to see how the show has changed since then. I am glad that this episode has been put on youtube. I wish we had more older episodes available online.

• Members

Please register in order to view this content

That's all  

Agreed. That's how I felt. I loved her Susan, personally. But I know the character type Susan is isn't everyone's cup of tea, lol. But in small doses I enjoy her. Stacy did so well. I liked her as Kristen too, maybe a bit too unhinged but at this point in her life I can almost buy Kristen starting to truly lose her mind and become unhinged. Stacy did well with Kristen too but I missed Eileen playing her, but with Susan, I'll take Stacy's version. Weird, I know. LOL

If only ...

I miss Renee Jones a lot. More than I ever expected too (I always loved her and felt she was so vastly underused for the most part). I just miss her presence so much. And I feel the same about Peter Reckell (when Bo wasn't being written as a raging jackass to serve the plot). 

I miss Salem Place too. Horton Town Square doesn't quite cut it. I need a set overhaul on DAYS asap.

I'm always annoyed when DAYS (and other soaps) do this kind of thing. And Lowder was never a favorite of mine. I like him enough but he's not a good actor.

• Members

I agree "a thousand percent" (© Jill Zarin, Real Housewives of New York) 

I respect both their decisions to leave, but selfishly I wish Reckell had just agreed to pop in on a recurring basis with the knowledge that being "frontburner" was not in the cards anymore. They've done that with Josh Taylor for years and barely anyone (us viewers) even cares if he's there. (Christ, can you believe he's played the role over 21 years now? Versus Northrop's total of 6 years) 

And Lexie Carver was just a beautiful voice of reason in the crazy DiMera household (plus she could get cray-cray herself when necessary), and a great friend to Marlena, Hope, etc.  Plus she could be performing heart surgery one minute, brain surgery the next, and spend her weekend at a crash site as an EMT.  The woman did it all! 

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

LMAO Lexie certainly did "do it all". I'm all for Nikki Wade coming on and stirring up boring Abe and Val (so dumb to just pair them and give them no real story; but when used in family stuff I like them, but I knew it would just be Val in place for Lexie, more or less, but Williams has a tiny guarantee so ... which is also dumb. USE THE WOMAN)

I respect Jones and Reckell's decisions, too, but I think they were made at a different time on the show. Sadly. I can understand and support them but I selfishly wish they were still popping in. I'd ignore Bo's death. There's a lot I'd ignore (and sometimes try to ...). I kind of feel like part of it was they weren't feeling valued and decided to leave (I think we've had more Stephen Nichols situations than we realize, but just an assumption - but at the same time, when do you/can you accept not being front and center; but I still think they can serve a solid purpose and not just be there for the sake of being there, but that's me). Jones was in and out a few times. I can't fault her for saying bye. She's had a long career. I just miss her on the screen. Reckell too. I get it. Didn't Jones, Reckell, Sweeney and Scott all say "bye" when Tomlin was around (Tomlin also seemed to have no use for Penghlis or Ashford)? It's so hard to remember who did who when we've had so many producers and writers come and go every year. I don't blame any of them from running from Tomlin and Higley.

I really wish they were both here under Carlivati and the new regime. Not perfect by any means but still. I think we take what we can get, sadly, at this point.

• Members

So, Kyle Lowder was just live on his Instagram for DAYS' 53rd anniversary on-set celebration, and you see Arianne Zuker there looking camera-ready and she says, "no I can't be shown" and Kyle says, "you're just here for the celebration!"  Hmm... methinks Nicole will be appearing again in 6 months or 9 months or sometime in 2020. 

I have little doubt Carlivati *would* use them both. He'd probably love to turn Lexie back over to the dark side... 

• Members

I'm growing tired of Kate, personally. Not her airtime, just the character feels tired at this point. I guess for many she's felt tired for years now. Nothing to do with Koslow either. Just Kate constantly feels "been there, done that" but again I guess we could say that about soaps in general, lol

Archived