Days: November 2018 Discussion Thread ⌛🦃🎩 ❄ ⛄

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You are persistent about Freddie Smith, I’ll say that. You’re entitled to your opinion, but to say that “at his best” Freddie is better looking than CM and CS is just absurd, in my opinion. WhY didn’t you throw RSW into that comparison, too?

Freddie isn’t a bad looking guy, but he’s no one I’d post about on the internet to call good looking. He’s ok. If he was a good actor, at a decent  weight, I’d call him acceptable for that gay storyline. Not great, but acceptable.

But here’s the thing: he’s NOT a good actor. He can’t sell anger or frustration. He can’t command a scene. He’s not sexual or sensual or romantic. Hey, I know many guys who aren’t good looking but who are sexy and hot.

Combine average looks (plus extra weight) with lousy acting, and you get negative attitudes on a message board. I know you’re a fan and see him differently, bu5 most of us don’t. I won’t be a Freddie Smith fan when he shows he’s lost weight, either.

Chandler? Just as he was in his last run, he’s again become a bore to watch. He looks simple as hell in those outfits. Why can’t he speak up on his own? He doesn’t know he looks like an idiot? His lack of energy in his scenes is pathetic. Yeah, he’s a cute guy, but he’s no longer sexy. I haven’t seen sex appeal since he did scenes with EJ.

When Will returned, we all hoped for a bad and wild Will. Look at what we ended up with. Jesus Christ.

• Members

I’m shocked people had high hopes for Will and Chandler Massey. He’s always been lousy to me, I didn’t think he suddenly would’ve developed some talent.

Kate Mansi fit right back in as Abigail perfectly. I only started watching again to see her return and some of the others.

I forgot how awful the music is on Days. It’s just so so bad. It doesn’t eden feel like soap opera music.

Kate has a fur coat on at Horton Town Square and Gabi has her arms out? Someone missed that.

• Members

lol at people having hope for Massey. I never did. I never thought he was a great actor (I also still don't think Robert Scott Wilson is either but people eat him up because he's good to look at and I guess I give Massey a pass because I like to look at him, I have no shame in admitting that). He's had some good moments but he's often giggled through his scenes and basically phoned it in. I do prefer his Will still and I like Massey himself, but as an actor? He's always been basic. But I like watching him for some reason and I used to really like a lot of his Will. But I don't really care much about Will or Sonny at this point and almost wish they'd get a HEA and shipped off for a few years (my interest in them died when Will was killed, Freddie left for a brief minute and returned to phone it in for the last three years). I was far more invested and interested in Paul. I think for me, I see the "potential" in a lot of actors (or the character) and try to give them the benefit of the doubt because I like them in the role, but he's really not grown at all and sometimes I even feel he's regressed. Pairing him back with dead eyes Freddie/Sonny Bear again is boring. Freddie hasn't given much of an effort in years. At least Chandler seemed into the Paul/Will stuff at first and tried (and they didn't use him much). But then it all went to hell. Sometimes I totally understand why actors phone it in but at the same time, many actors turn [!@#$%^&*] into gold.

Mansi

Please register in order to view this content

I had to tune in to watch her and I'm so happy she's back. I know she's not everyone's cup of tea but my god she already adds layers and depth to Abby that Marci failed at. Marci was beyond basic. To go from Mansi's Abby to hers was too much of a difference. I guess that was the point. Mansi has life in her. Mansi also seemed to make Flynn actually act and put in effort.

• Members

I get why Chandler’s look is appealing: the white, gawky good ol’ boy with the gym body is a thing. But in addition to the wardrobe fails, he looks tired all of the time, like he’s just off a bender. But I find a lot of the DAYS guys look a little haggard, even the ones who are “objectively” pretty. 

• Members

lol so true on all of it. He is appealing to me but definitely not the strongest actors, and that's being nice. lol. I could sort of do without the gawky thing Chandler tries to pull off as Will. That's probably the most annoying 'choice' he makes. He always feels uncomfortable embracing Will fully, especially with Freddie, but I felt he was very comfortable with Christopher Sean. 

And again so very true about the DAYS guys looking haggard. I'm still pissed Shawn Christian looks ten times hotter away from DAYS than he ever did on my screen. What is with DAYS and making men look like crap?

• Members

I'm glad that Kate is back. You can definitely see a difference between her Abby and Marci's Abby. Marci's Abby a lot of time seemed mostly lifeless. She didn't really give much effort to that role. I think she may have been the most low energy actor out of everyone on Days. You can definitely see the depth with Kates Abby and I am looking forward to seeing how she deals with Gabi and gets her life back on track.

I liked yesterday's episode. Leo still amuses me. I like how he goes around the Kirakis mansion, eating and drinking whatever he wants, lol. I interested in seeing Sonny confront Chad, and Will confront Kate about their roles in the sexual harassment lawsuit. I like Sonny and Chad's friendship, but Chad does need to be held accountable for letting Sonny get railroaded by Kate and Leo. I also like Will and Kate's relationship and am interested in seeing how he deals with her. 

I think that Hope and Ted could make an attractive couple. And the scenes with Ben and Stefan were something.... I thought the scenes between those two yesterday and on Thursday were dark and had some creep factor to them.

• Members

I caught yesterday's episode somewhat live and I was intrigued by the Ben/Stefan scenes. But I'm only watching bits and pieces and am sort of behind in what's truly going on, plot wise. But I'm trying to catch up. I usually keep up even when I'm sporadically watching but I haven't, lol.

I agree on Hope and Ted. Kristian looked fairly good for a change (by that I mean she looks like she had a good night's sleep and has some life to her because she's not stuck in a scene with Galen/Rafe), not tired and had some life to her. She's much better than when stuck with Rafe/Galen. I hope they do get paired. Shove Rafe with Jordan and write them out together. JMO. Why is Rafe still around anyways? Only time I've even remotely cared was when he was friends with Nicole and when he was single and boning Kate and had a bit of a snark to him. That worked for me for a brief minute. And I did think he had potential with Carrie, even if they probably would have been ultra boring together (though Carrie and Austin aren't exciting either; I always felt Austin should have bit the dust in 2012, saving Abby, instead of Jack, thereby freeing Carrie from that dead-end pairing she's been stuck in, and Austin failed to exist as a character once Muldoon left in '95, IMO; though I did enjoy bitchy Austin glaring at Rafe in 2017).

His pairings with Sami and Hope felt/feel so forced to me. Reminds me of when Daniel and Jennifer and Daniel and Nicole were paired (not to mention Chloe's damage as a character, to me, started with Daniel) and how both actresses/characters looked like they had the life literally sucked out of them.

• Members

I just saw him on a preview for Nathan Fillion's new show and he actually looked decent. Not dirty and orange like he always looked on DAYS.

Agreed that Chandler is bored and lazy already. He was good when he first came back and was flirting with Paul. He was actually trying. It's been going downhill since then and it's really bad now that we're back to the WilSon snoozefest.

I don't give a sh-t about Ted but I'll happily take a pairing with him and Hope if it gets her away from Rafe.

Ben is so much better in scenes with people who aren't Ciara. I just don't get this pairing. He's so much more interesting in scenes with people like Chad and Stefan.

• Members

Does anyone know if they film more episodes at a time than the other soaps. I know they film like six months in advance. If they film a lot more in one setting than other soaps, maybe that is making the men more tired and tired looking. I know Freddie said the other day he was filming 3 episodes in one day.

And I wonder if it might just be age creeping in too for some of them. 

Out of all the men on the show, I think that Robert Scott Wilson looks the most "polished". He is very handsome and both his face and body look good. Lamon Archery is the next most "polished" looking man on the show, IMO. I think he's very handsome too. And Chandler and Casey Moss still have youthful looks.

• Members

Oh, I noticed it on Y&R, BIG TIME!  

There are some really great podcasts and articles by black and white cinematographers and directors of photography who discuss why so few television shows light darker skin tones properly. 

Melina Matsoukas who has done cinematography work for the Issa Rae series Insecure talks about it as an art that few have mastered.

Sony is not going to invest in proper lighting gels to make sure everyone is lit in an attractive light.  

Archived