Jump to content
Taoboi

Y&R November 2018 Discussion Thread

Recommended Posts

Ana is lovely. I enjoyed watching her interacting with Devon (I think they have nice sibling chemistry) and the rest of the Winters family. I think it's interesting that it was mentioned that she tried her hand as a singer  and was signed to Devon's label/released some decent sized hits, but it didn't really work out for her. She mentioned it wasn't enough to support herself. I like that she is moving to the behind the scenes/business sides of things and I could see her doing well there. She seems grounded and mature. I am looking forward to seeing more of her.

 

Also, I enjoyed Kyle/Mariah's scenes and thought that Mariah gave him good advice. They have a nice healthy friendship. I also liked seeing Abby support Lola. And I wonder if this Top of The Tower restaurant is a new set, I don't think I've ever seen it before, though I have heard the restaurant being mentioned. Maybe this will be a new upscale restaurant that the GC residents can hang out at. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Roman said:


did Christel leave the show?

 

Yes, rumor months ago was that she was made an offer of recurring, take it or leave it and that she'd filmed her last show. I don't expect her back unless it's for a special occasion. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, DramatistDreamer said:

 

Looks like he may have discovered the hard way that the grass is not always greener on the other side of a soap pairing. I'm hearing that the backlash has been real!  Also, the numbers just don't add up.  

I am pretty sure, he and TPTB knew there would be major backslash when in a matter of weeks they imploded two big fanbases, Morrow had said as much in Oct.. lol  

 

Like Morrow stated in a recent interview, he don't care bout the hate on social media or from the fans, hd is having a great time in his new story 😎

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seriously Nate and Cane just showing up at Devon's house unannounced is annoying af.

 

Was there ever any official announcement that KSJ was taken off contract?

 

Thank god Ana is not back to sing 🙌🏾🙌🏾

Edited by Antoyne

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, xtr said:

Ana is lovely. I enjoyed watching her interacting with Devon (I think they have nice sibling chemistry) and the rest of the Winters family. I think it's interesting that it was mentioned that she tried her hand as a singer  and was signed to Devon's label/released some decent sized hits, but it didn't really work out for her. She mentioned it wasn't enough to support herself. I like that she is moving to the behind the scenes/business sides of things and I could see her doing well there. She seems grounded and mature. I am looking forward to seeing more of her.

 

Also, I enjoyed Kyle/Mariah's scenes and thought that Mariah gave him good advice. They have a nice healthy friendship. I also liked seeing Abby support Lola. And I wonder if this Top of The Tower restaurant is a new set, I don't think I've ever seen it before, though I have heard the restaurant being mentioned. Maybe this will be a new upscale restaurant that the GC residents can hang out at. 

Top of the Tower has been around for a while. Lot's of things have happened up there, and there was a fire there a few years ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, frequentsoapfan said:

Oh Anna will be singing soon. The actress just came off a Broadway gig

 

The character already said her music career didn't work so she wants to try business side.

 

Christmas is coming up and I wouldn't mind her singing "oh holy night". Looking forward to it, actually. I miss the times on the show when the kids would do the annual Christmas pageant at the church. 

6 hours ago, rlj said:

I am pretty sure, he and TPTB knew there would be major backslash when in a matter of weeks they imploded two big fanbases, Morrow had said as much in Oct.. lol  

 

Like Morrow stated in a recent interview, he don't care bout the hate on social media or from the fans, hd is having a great time in his new story 😎

 

Which means he cares a whole lot. He wouldn't mention it if he didn't. He went on a blocking spree for folks who didn't like Nick and Chelsea pairing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, ajsp35801 said:

 

Yes, rumor months ago was that she was made an offer of recurring, take it or leave it and that she'd filmed her last show. I don't expect her back unless it's for a special occasion. 


wow. wel, personally I won't miss her. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Worst November sweeps ever. So much garbage time.

 

A sad Y&R-related anniversary I just remembered. Yesterday (November 28) marked 15 years since Terry Lester passed away. RIP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, kalbir said:

Worst November sweeps ever. So much garbage time.

 

A sad Y&R-related anniversary I just remembered. Yesterday (November 28) marked 15 years since Terry Lester passed away. RIP.

Yes, I still miss him.  He was a much better Jack, imo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Terry Lester was the definitive Jack.

 

Christel said in a interview  ( SOD or SID) that she wanted to try other things and the show agreed to have her recurring and she'd be happy to come in once or twice a month.

 

Whether that was just spin or not...

 

KSJ hasn't mentioned anything on his instagram about not being on Y&R anymore. Mostly loved up shots with his new lady.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Paul Raven said:

Terry Lester was the definitive Jack.

 

Christel said in a interview  ( SOD or SID) that she wanted to try other things and the show agreed to have her recurring and she'd be happy to come in once or twice a month.

 

Whether that was just spin or not...

 

KSJ hasn't mentioned anything on his instagram about not being on Y&R anymore. Mostly loved up shots with his new lady.

 

Spin. Just like Mishael's remarks were spin. Her manager had already gone on record with the truth 

 

But, I guess, had she had the same manager as JM, I daresay she'd still be on the show since said manager used the sexual assault of one of his old clients to shake down Les to make his current clients happy. JM was mentioned as having met with Les in the latest revelation to come out at CBS. @DeeeDee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ajsp35801 said:

 

Spin. Just like Mishael's remarks were spin. Her manager had already gone on record with the truth 

 

But, I guess, had she had the same manager as JM, I daresay she'd still be on the show since said manager used the sexual assault of one of his old clients to shake down Les to make his current clients happy. JM was mentioned as having met with Les in the latest revelation to come out at CBS. @DeeeDee

 

Yes, I read that article.  I didn't know I could be any more disgusted than I already had been reading the previous articles but the NYT article I read last night took my disgust up an entire notch!

At least Eva La Rue had the good sense and sense of integrity to dump that sleazy manager.  Have heard nothing from JM, which doesn't surprise me. Eew!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, DramatistDreamer said:

 

Yes, I read that article.  I didn't know I could be any more disgusted than I already had been reading the previous articles but the NYT article I read last night took my disgust up an entire notch!

At least Eva La Rue had the good sense and sense of integrity to dump that sleazy manager.  Have heard nothing from JM, which doesn't surprise me. Eew!

 

It's clearly obvious why JM has gotten so much this year. I hope he didn't know why he was being granted Les Moonves' ear. Soap fans should ban together and see that he doesn't continue to profit off this woman pain. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...