Taoboi

Y&R November 2018 Discussion Thread

Good god Tessa needs to die. She tried to get mad and go off on Mariah knowing her ass was still lying. 

Nice to see Shauna back. Just like I appreciated the Devon/Jack scene, I enjoyed the brief Devon/Phyllis scene.

And was Nate listening outside the damn door to come in the apartment. I hate that guy.

1 hour ago, Antoyne said:

Good god Tessa needs to die. She tried to get mad and go off on Mariah knowing her ass was still lying. 

Nice to see Shauna back. Just like I appreciated the Devon/Jack scene, I enjoyed the brief Devon/Phyllis scene.

And was Nate listening outside the damn door to come in the apartment. I hate that guy.

Yes. I saw an episode just the other day and it's time to put an end to the farce.  It doesn't make sense for those two to be living together right now.  It's clear Mariah doesn't trust her and hardly stand to be in the same room with Tessa. Mariah has been jerked around too long and there is no reason for Tessa to be on this show other than as Mariah's partner, which is one of the big reasons this couple is a failure. 

And when did streetwise Mariah become so naive?

2 hours ago, ajsp35801 said:

Any woman with a bit of buzz, he's wanting in. 

That doesn't make sense because if there is any female character in Morrow's age range who is never at a loss for screentime it is Sharon.

1 hour ago, DeeeDee said:

And when did streetwise Mariah become so naive?

That doesn't make sense because if there is any female character in Morrow's age range who is never at a loss for screentime it is Sharon.

And yet, morrow does it. JM thinks Nick domesticated with Sharon is boring. He openly admitted before that he gets jealous of what other actors are doing. 😂

Morrow didn't start trolling the media until his initial run as Newman CEO flopped HARD. Prior to that he was quite happy with Sharon.

But if he wants the struggle pairing that is N/P then he's welcome to it? It's the only thing (besides further shoehorning Phyllis into Jabot) that's keeping them both relevant.

6 hours ago, DramatistDreamer said:

It makes me titter when I see soap fans tweet complaints about how Tessa's personality has been changed to be this underhanded person.  Bih, when?  Tessa was always underhanded and terrible, even when she was with Noah.

Speaking of tweets...while I'm no fan of Morrow's acting (he's basically stayed stagnant for more than a decade), this is interesting.

Why am I even checking social media on a show that I no longer watch?:lol:  It's a slow day, I guess. 

None of Joshua Morrow's pairings have worked except for Sharon. The problem is that he is not a  dashing man lead actor. Another problem is that his acting amounts to horrific. I cringe when he tries to act because it comes off even worse. 

13 minutes ago, DeeeDee said:

But if he wants the struggle pairing that is N/P then he's welcome to it? It's the only thing (besides further shoehorning Phyllis into Jabot) that's keeping them both relevant.

I've been over Phyllis for some time now. I wouldn't mind if they wrote her off too. She's had nothing to do for the longest time and the character annoys me to no end.

Edited by Soapsuds

I don't know how legit it is but there is a twitter account from someone who claims to be a lower level assistant for some CBS shows. They post pics from what looks to be inside the studio and say they see feedback/see scripts all the time. They say that this version of Phyllis/Nick is being received very negatively. They also said that GT doesn't really want this pairing and would prefer Phyllis and Billy. 

Edited by xtr

8 hours ago, Antoyne said:

Cait Fairman was SO bad in those scenes. Her acting has actually gotten worse over her time at YR. She’s just awful.

i feel bad for the guy playing Nate. He’s a decent actor who’s been given eye-rolling CRAP to play.

I wonder what the plans are for Cane and the twins?

Christel bailing has made them even less relevant. The natural story would be for poor Cane to get involved with another woman, but that seems a no-go, even with Lily offscreen.

10 hours ago, xtr said:

I don't know how legit it is but there is a twitter account from someone who claims to be a lower level assistant for some CBS shows. They post pics from what looks to be inside the studio and say they see feedback/see scripts all the time. They say that this version of Phyllis/Nick is being received very negatively. They also said that GT doesn't really want this pairing and would prefer Phyllis and Billy. 

Are you talking about this account? I'm not sure either because the information seems somewhat specific but generalized enough to come from anywhere.  I'm not sure whether the info is firsthand or passed down.

24 minutes ago, DramatistDreamer said:

Are you talking about this account? I'm not sure either because the information seems somewhat specific but generalized enough to come from anywhere.  I'm not sure whether the info is firsthand or passed down.

That's the account I'm talking about. I'm not sure if it's legitimate or not. On one hand it sounds like it could be but some of the older tweets seem to just be mentioning a lot of ideas that haven't or may not come to fruition. If it's legitimate, then I think they do see scripts, listen in on conversations, observe the cast and writers and that is where their spoilers/speculation is coming from. Sounds like someone that gets their information from observing/listening in on people. I don't think there are very many soap stars or writers (if any) that are confiding in them.

I do think it's an interesting twitter account, maybe there is truth behind it.

Edited by xtr

5 hours ago, Paul Raven said:

I wonder what the plans are for Cane and the twins?

Christel bailing has made them even less relevant. The natural story would be for poor Cane to get involved with another woman, but that seems a no-go, even with Lily offscreen.

Rumor was that

cane would be paired with Vikki. Makes sense with Reed coming back

1 hour ago, DramatistDreamer said:

I'm convinced that account is fake. They "spill" what any long term viewer can discern by watching what's onscreen or paying attention to actors. 

Edited by ajsp35801

1 hour ago, ajsp35801 said:

Rumor was that

Reveal hidden contents

I'm convinced that account is fake. They "spill" what any long term viewer can discern by watching what's onscreen or paying attention to actors. 

did Christel leave the show?

1 hour ago, ajsp35801 said:

Rumor was that

Reveal hidden contents

That said, that account is not even close to the worst of soap twitter...some of those relentlessly crazy fans/fanbase accounts have got to be the worst.  Also, those sketchy blogs that consistently write speculative posts based on nothing are pretty poor too.  I do admit that I have clicked on when I want a good chuckle.