Jump to content
Taoboi

Y&R November 2018 Discussion Thread

Recommended Posts

Good god Tessa needs to die. She tried to get mad and go off on Mariah knowing her ass was still lying. 

 

Nice to see Shauna back. Just like I appreciated the Devon/Jack scene, I enjoyed the brief Devon/Phyllis scene.

 

And was Nate listening outside the damn door to come in the apartment. I hate that guy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Antoyne said:

Good god Tessa needs to die. She tried to get mad and go off on Mariah knowing her ass was still lying. 

 

Nice to see Shauna back. Just like I appreciated the Devon/Jack scene, I enjoyed the brief Devon/Phyllis scene.

 

And was Nate listening outside the damn door to come in the apartment. I hate that guy.

Yes. I saw an episode just the other day and it's time to put an end to the farce.  It doesn't make sense for those two to be living together right now.  It's clear Mariah doesn't trust her and hardly stand to be in the same room with Tessa. Mariah has been jerked around too long and there is no reason for Tessa to be on this show other than as Mariah's partner, which is one of the big reasons this couple is a failure. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And when did streetwise Mariah become so naive?

2 hours ago, ajsp35801 said:

Any woman with a bit of buzz, he's wanting in. 

 

That doesn't make sense because if there is any female character in Morrow's age range who is never at a loss for screentime it is Sharon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DeeeDee said:

And when did streetwise Mariah become so naive?

 

That doesn't make sense because if there is any female character in Morrow's age range who is never at a loss for screentime it is Sharon.

 

And yet, morrow does it. JM thinks Nick domesticated with Sharon is boring. He openly admitted before that he gets jealous of what other actors are doing. 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Morrow didn't start trolling the media until his initial run as Newman CEO flopped HARD. Prior to that he was quite happy with Sharon.

 

But if he wants the struggle pairing that is N/P then he's welcome to it? It's the only thing (besides further shoehorning Phyllis into Jabot) that's keeping them both relevant.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, DramatistDreamer said:

It makes me titter when I see soap fans tweet complaints about how Tessa's personality has been changed to be this underhanded person.  Bih, when?  Tessa was always underhanded and terrible, even when she was with Noah.

 

Speaking of tweets...while I'm no fan of Morrow's acting (he's basically stayed stagnant for more than a decade), this is interesting.

 

 

 

 

 

Why am I even checking social media on a show that I no longer watch?:lol:  It's a slow day, I guess. 

 

None of Joshua Morrow's pairings have worked except for Sharon. The problem is that he is not a  dashing man lead actor. Another problem is that his acting amounts to horrific. I cringe when he tries to act because it comes off even worse. 

13 minutes ago, DeeeDee said:

 

But if he wants the struggle pairing that is N/P then he's welcome to it? It's the only thing (besides further shoehorning Phyllis into Jabot) that's keeping them both relevant.

I've been over Phyllis for some time now. I wouldn't mind if they wrote her off too. She's had nothing to do for the longest time and the character annoys me to no end.

Edited by Soapsuds

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know how legit it is but there is a twitter account from someone who claims to be a lower level assistant for some CBS shows. They post pics from what looks to be inside the studio and say they see feedback/see scripts all the time. They say that this version of Phyllis/Nick is being received very negatively. They also said that GT doesn't really want this pairing and would prefer Phyllis and Billy. 

 

Edited by xtr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Antoyne said:

Good god Tessa needs to die. She tried to get mad and go off on Mariah knowing her ass was still lying. 

 

Nice to see Shauna back. Just like I appreciated the Devon/Jack scene, I enjoyed the brief Devon/Phyllis scene.

 

And was Nate listening outside the damn door to come in the apartment. I hate that guy.

 

Cait Fairman was SO bad in those scenes. Her acting has actually gotten worse over her time at YR. She’s just awful.

 

i feel bad for the guy playing Nate. He’s a decent actor who’s been given eye-rolling CRAP to play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder what the plans are for Cane and the twins?

Christel bailing has made them even less relevant. The natural story would be for poor Cane to get involved with another woman, but that seems a no-go, even with Lily offscreen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, xtr said:

I don't know how legit it is but there is a twitter account from someone who claims to be a lower level assistant for some CBS shows. They post pics from what looks to be inside the studio and say they see feedback/see scripts all the time. They say that this version of Phyllis/Nick is being received very negatively. They also said that GT doesn't really want this pairing and would prefer Phyllis and Billy. 

 

 

Are you talking about this account? I'm not sure either because the information seems somewhat specific but generalized enough to come from anywhere.  I'm not sure whether the info is firsthand or passed down.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, DramatistDreamer said:

 

Are you talking about this account? I'm not sure either because the information seems somewhat specific but generalized enough to come from anywhere.  I'm not sure whether the info is firsthand or passed down.

 

 

That's the account I'm talking about. I'm not sure if it's legitimate or not. On one hand it sounds like it could be but some of the older tweets seem to just be mentioning a lot of ideas that haven't or may not come to fruition. If it's legitimate, then I think they do see scripts, listen in on conversations, observe the cast and writers and that is where their spoilers/speculation is coming from. Sounds like someone that gets their information from observing/listening in on people. I don't think there are very many soap stars or writers (if any) that are confiding in them.

 

I do think it's an interesting twitter account, maybe there is truth behind it.

Edited by xtr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Paul Raven said:

I wonder what the plans are for Cane and the twins?

Christel bailing has made them even less relevant. The natural story would be for poor Cane to get involved with another woman, but that seems a no-go, even with Lily offscreen.

 Rumor was that

 

 

cane would be paired with Vikki. Makes sense with Reed coming back

1 hour ago, DramatistDreamer said:

 

Are you talking about this account? I'm not sure either because the information seems somewhat specific but generalized enough to come from anywhere.  I'm not sure whether the info is firsthand or passed down.

 

 

I'm convinced that account is fake. They "spill" what any long term viewer can discern by watching what's onscreen or paying attention to actors. 

Edited by ajsp35801

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ajsp35801 said:

 Rumor was that

 

  Reveal hidden contents

 

I'm convinced that account is fake. They "spill" what any long term viewer can discern by watching what's onscreen or paying attention to actors. 


did Christel leave the show?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ajsp35801 said:

 Rumor was that

 

  Reveal hidden contents

 

I'm convinced that account is fake. They "spill" what any long term viewer can discern by watching what's onscreen or paying attention to actors. 

 

That said, that account is not even close to the worst of soap twitter...some of those relentlessly crazy fans/fanbase accounts have got to be the worst.  Also, those sketchy blogs that consistently write speculative posts based on nothing are pretty poor too.  I do admit that I have clicked on when I want a good chuckle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...