Y&R November 2018 Discussion Thread

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think they really are going to pair her with Jack. I saw an interview that the actress had with Soapcentral and she was talking about something possibly happening with Kerry and Jack. She mentioned that Peter Bergman was the person she screen tested with when she auditioned.

She also said that she thought they had originally planned to go one way with her character but she believes they changed their mind once she was cast. I had suspected that. She said she believes they morphed her character after meeting her, one reason because she has chemistry with certain people. I believe maybe they did originally want to pair her with Nate. But may have changed their mind because IMO, she looks/comes across as older than she is and has chemistry with Peter Bergman.  I think this may be why they might pair her with Jack. I haven't read anything indicating that she will be paired with Nate anytime soon.

I like her and Jack and think they have nice chemistry. And even though they have barely interacted I wonder if her and Nate might be too similar for each other. They are both kind of uptight.

• Members

Yeah, it seems like they are going to pair them. I know some people are uncomfortable with them due to the age difference. I'm not usually the biggest fan of May-December romances myself but I do like these two together and I think she actually fits him.

I believe that the writers may have originally wanted Kerry to be a bit of a pot-stirrer/troublemaker (closer to the way that Mia acts). But I think they changed their mind once Alice auditioned. Her portrayal of Kerry is sophisticated, reserved/a bit uptight and I think they decided to adjust the character to fit this portrayal. Alice says she talked to them about Kerry and she feels this is what the writers did. She also mentioned how much she connected/meshed with Peter Bergman in the audition, (including how they took turns improvising during the audition.) I believe the show liked what they saw between her and Peter and changed their plan for Kerry and her possible love interest.

• Members

It's not that for me, it's just that Y&R so consistently gives guys like Victor and Jack women who are much younger.  I'll even agree that's realistic, but on a show that is supposed to be catering to a female audience it gets old fast.  I do give them credit for giving some of the women on the show pairings with younger men though. Of course, it's usually about 5 years difference and part of the audience freaks, but that's the soap world I suppose.

• Members

I thought Hilary and Ashley's exits were fantastic but man is this show not the same without em. 

Please register in order to view this content

I'm still holding out hope Hilary whisked herself off somewhere for a last minute experimental treatment and returns after Mishael Morgan recovers from the new baby. 

Kerry reminds me of Victor's first MAB regime wife Sabrina  Whenever they try to sell an Auntie Jack pairing by having him romance a new late 30s-40s lady with poetry, play or wine expertise all I can do is laugh. PB is nobodies playboy, give him the Bruce Jenner story he clearly craves.

Arturo looks like a ferret and has 0 charisma. How Mal Young cast this guy and then thought "Oh I need to build a new family around him" I will never understand.  Lola is the best of the bunch (love her and Kyle) with Mia second (they need to cut her hair and tighten the clothes though). I hate Rey. I hate JV in the role. I hate the dumb JT investigation. I hate the creepy pairing with Sharon, and his marriage with Mia is already sullied with the Arturo history. He reminds me of Tad from AMC. Annoyingly smug and sanctimonious for no good reason. HATE 

I like the idea of a Phick reunion and them running the town but Josh Morrow just doesn't have it. He's not believable as a business tycoon and he looks scared of Gina T in every scene. He doesn't deserve any of these new sets either (what a hilarious but disrepectful [!@#$%^&*] you to Braeden ). They should have done this Dark Horse stuff with Victoria or recast Noah or Adam again and had them team up with Nick. GT is selling the Phyllis running Jabot story though and thank God to whoever made her dye her hair back red. That was a HUGE pet peeve I was never going to get over.

Billy screwing Summer was a new low. I wish her lines were written with more bite instead of just generic spoiled blonde mean girl.

Tessa sucks but at least she's finally being written like the no good grifter she always should have been. I still look forward to someone murking her off my screen for good.

The dumping of the Winters clan vets is straight up disgusting. Lily gets sent off to prison and KSJ a throwaway line about moving, I mean seriously???? They were tired but they were our brand of tired and deserved better exits. If they had shipped Cane off along with them I most definitely would have nothing to say though  Bringing Ana back with a full melanin actress is a start at lessening the obvious minority swap being done in favor of the Rosales but Olivia needs to return ASAP if they have any hope of anchoring Nate and lessening the blow back.

Archived