Y&R November 2018 Discussion Thread

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I like Mia, and I actually don't mind the new family (well, except Lola when she's around Kyle and other youngsters... and she always looks at people's mouths when she speaks. Kinda jarring to watch).  My problem with Mia is that they are showcasing her way too much too soon and trying to integrate her with way too many Genoa City residents right off the bat.

It's like watching Betty White hop from Days of Our Lives to Another World to Santa Barbara for a late 80's sweepstakes competition: which scene will Mia show up in next? 

• Members

Sounds like Mal is appealing to every ethnic stereotype of the 'spicy Latina' and Latin lover who is oversexed and highly promiscuous. 

Then again from what I've read of how he's written Phyllis, he basically writes her as if she's a hard-charging, hard-drinking, i.e. chugging liquor out of hotel minibars and egotistical power-grabbing man.

Otherwise, the way a rabid misogynist might write female characters.

• Members

I think it was interesting that Rey stated that Mia was Arturo's girlfriend first, and that Rey was in love with her for years for anything happened between them. I think that he may have been her second choice and that she may have largely gotten with him because Arturo didn't want to be with her anymore. I think that Mia definitely likes to play the brothers against each other and may want Arturo more than Rey and/or want to keep a hold on both brothers. I thought that Lola read her correctly today when she said that Mia loves attention. She likes to play games as evidenced by her behavior and the devious smiles she makes way when she is pretending to be serious about something.

Mia acts a lot like Summer, which Lola pointed out today as well. The more I see of her and read spoilers about her, the more I wonder if she's not going to try and do something even messier. Like sleep with Kyle or somebody. Granted, Summer is after Kyle too, but I wouldn't be surprised if Mia made a play for him to get underneath Lola's skin. Or if she ends up sleeping with somebody surprising, causing some trouble in GC. 

Also, I wonder where the show is going with Billy/Sharon. He almost kissed her today, but she put a stop to it. She basically said she'd liked being friends with him, and didn't want to do revenge sex with him. I wonder if they will continue to be friends or if something more will develop between them. I really like her with Rey and am waiting for him to dump Mia, so they can be together. 

• Members

I apologize, I had posted those promos in the wrong thread. I meant to post them in the spoilers thread. I deleted them in my original post and put them in the spoiler thread. If you want, you can delete them as part of your posts, for people who want to remain unspoiled. But feel free to put your comments about them in the spoiler thread, lol. 

• Members

Bad opinion - I like the Rosales family.  Great change from the boring Winters.  Devon needed to go.  So did Niel. Or Neal. And Lily and their kids.  Jordi V. Is smoking hot and I’ll look at that all day.  

And he’s a better actor than 3/4 of the cast of Y&R.  Y&R - never great acting. When this guy comes in and smokes most of the people? It’s bad. 

Archived