Sign in to follow this  
j swift

Been There Done That - Characters who faced the same calamity twice!

15 hours ago, Brolden said:

As I pointed out in the ATWT thread a few months ago, Craig Montgomery has slept with 1 trio of sisters, 3 pairs of sisters and 3 mother-daughter pairs throughout his years in Oakdale.

Who were all these people he slept with?

I know Jennifer and Barbara and possibly Rosanna and Carly (but I'm not sure if he and Carly ever had sex).

Edited by Markjeh

6 hours ago, Markjeh said:

Who were all these people he slept with?

I know Jennifer and Barbara and possibly Rosanna and Carly (but I'm not sure if he and Carly ever had sex).

Mother/daughter

Lucinda/Sierra (and was making moves on Lily at the end of the show)

Barbara/Jennifer

Betsy/Dani

2 Sisters

Carly/Rosanna

Betsy/Emily

Lucinda/Sam

3 sisters

Iva/Ellie/Meg

24 minutes ago, P.J. said:

Mother/daughter

Lucinda/Sierra (and was making moves on Lily at the end of the show)

Barbara/Jennifer

Betsy/Dani

2 Sisters

Carly/Rosanna

Betsy/Emily

Lucinda/Sam

3 sisters

Iva/Ellie/Meg

I thought these kind of relations were trademarked by B&B.

17 minutes ago, Markjeh said:

I thought these kind of relations were trademarked by B&B.

It's kinda weird, when you think of other characters with long histories (like Tom Hughes) who never did any of those. Granted, Craig didn't even know Sam was Lucinda's sister at the time  (I believe), and all three sets of sisters were half sisters (and the trio includes adopted sister Iva)...but "sharing" was definitely a thing before B&B started. They just perfected it. ..lol.

As much as I revere huge parts of Marland's writing, it was obvious to me that Craig (portrayed by Scott Bryce), under his pen, became an avatar for desire, female as well as some male.  When you see scenes during 1986 and '87, in particular, with Craig in various states of undress, it was obvious that Marland wanted to sexualize Craig (watch some scenes with Finn Carter where Craig is portrayed as raging with insatiable lust). 

Craig was used to "service" a lot of ladies.  Part of it had to do with the revolving door of actors (mainly Finn Carter) and the obvious challenges that presented story-wise.  Marland made the best out of a challenging situation but it really started with Marland and then continued under other writers tried to revive it but their writing was so clumsy and inept that they couldn't quite pull it off without making Craig a total pariah.

I suspect that had Gregg Marx's Tom Hughes stayed on the show, he would've taken a similar track to late 80s/early 90s Craig as Marland had "experimented" with that faux affair with Barbara and a triangle with Barbara.  Marx had a similar sex appeal that made him a desirable romantic pairing but Marx didn't stay on long enough and I just don't see Holmes being written in that way at all.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

Ryan's Hope – In 1976, Faith was held prisoner in an underground room by crazy Kenneth Castle --and then again in 1978 by her crazy/ tumor driven husband Tom. And during both ordeals-- each of her tormentors repeatedly tell Faith that she is “wicked” and “deserves to be punished”.  

On 10/31/2018 at 6:28 PM, jam6242 said:

I think Althea had five brain surgeries in total, if you count the exploratory procedure she had between the two full surgeries she had during Nick’s last visit (adding to the two she had prior to 1976).

What's even funnier is that she had all those surgeries under different writing regimes - Lakin/Edelstein in 1969 (though I think that story was more Rick Edelstein; Rita Lakin was on her way out by then), Robert and Eileen Pollock in 1974, and Margaret DePriest in 1976. 

On 11/7/2018 at 3:25 PM, Markjeh said:

Betsy/Dani

So sad that the writers had Craig sleep with Dani, a girl he once thought was his daughter. Who was writing at this time?