Been There Done That - Characters who faced the same calamity twice!

• Members

It's a given that everyone on soaps had been married, widowed, and/or divorced multiple times, but I was thinking about soap characters who have faced a statistically impossible crisis more than once:

Hope (DAYS) - at least three plane crashes - (1), Anna's fashion show in Haiti, (2) traveling to Melaswen, (3) the trip to Ireland when Shawn died.

Laura (GH) - killed two of her stepfathers/mother's lovers - David Hamilton & Rick Webber

Viki (OLTL) - two children kidnapped at birth - Megan and Natalie - bonus, her house burnt down twice

Asa (OLTL) - twice a bigamist with two wives hidden in foreign countries - Olympia & Pamela

John (DAYS) - inherited at least three different family fortunes, when not originally named in the will - Alamain, Toscano, and part of the Dimera estate

I hope others can add to the list, let's keep it light and stay away from capital crimes.  

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

More statistically improbable occurrences:

Springfield and Port Charles have experienced, a hurricane, a blizzard, and an earthquake; most towns don't get more than one of those natural disasters

Reva Shayne was perimenopausal twice, bonus for never giving birth to any of her kids in a hospital

Dorian Lord was involved in two fatal car crashes

• Members

How many men have had multiple full grown children plop down on their doorstep? John Dixon had two, Margo and Duke. (It's probably more of an anomaly for a fairly long term character NOT to have some unknown kid show up in town.... )

Didn't GL's Beth have amnesia twice? 

• Members

Speaking of ATWT men and children... Hal Munson missed out on the first years of three of his children (Adam, Nikki, Parker), because their respective mothers didn't inform him he was their father.
Then when he finally did know about a child from the start, she (Jennifer) turned out not to be his.

Also... didn't the Wade Book Store catch on fire twice? I've seen one of those in the early 1980 episodes on Youtube, but I could swear I've seen clips of Joyce setting fire to it as well?