Days: RIP Peggy McCay

• Members

When did she last appear on DAYS? I wonder if she taped scenes (holidays?) that are in the can. And the character definitely deserves a proper death/sendoff. (I hope no soap ever does what B&B did with DC. Iconic vets should be given an appropriate ending on the show.)

I always liked her - thought she was underappreciated and completely shined, especially since she was saddled with a horrible actor for years. I was so P.O.'d when Caroline was 'killed' off during the whole fakeout because they should've killed Shawn instead. She lived an amazing and full life, it's better to celebrate her life than to be sad.  

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Rumor has it McCay wasn't too happy about that twist either... 

Disappointing how they (Reilly, and those writing afterwards) didn't flesh out the Victor/Caroline "reunion" or togetherness when they were locked in that Captive Castle post-Captive Island in 2004-2005. 

• Members

eH5F9CX.jpg?1

PEGGY McCAY

LOVE OF LIFE    Vanessa Dale Raven Sterling  1951-55

FOR BETTER OR WORSE    Linda    1959-60

THE YOUNG MARRIEDS    Susan ____ Houghton Garrett    1964-66

GENERAL HOSPITAL      Iris Fairchild    1967-70

DAYS OF OUR L;IVES     Caroline   Brady   1983; 1985-2016

A YEAR IN THE LIFE   Miriam Charters     1988

PROVIDENCE     Dorothy Chenoweth     1999

RIP  Peggy McCay, the world is a little less bright now that you aren't here.

• Members

Rest In Peace Dear Peggy McCay.  Miss her as Caroline, especially every time the Brady Pub is shown.  

Hopefully, when DAYS does honor McCay and Caroline with Caroline's funeral/Peggy McCay tribute, most of the Bradys will be back.  Hoping Stephen Nichols (Steve) is back by then.  I hope for Patsy Pease(Kimberly), Charles Shaughnessy(Shane), Billy Warlock(Frankie), Jen Lilley(Theresa), Christie Clark (Carrie), Austin Peck(Austin), Shelley Hennig(Stephanie) to all come back. And of course Brandon Beemer(Shawn) & Martha Madison(Belle), who both should be back on contract!  Maybe DAYS can get Darin Brooks (Max) from B&B to make a guest stint. It would be an excellent time to bring in Andrew Donovan too.  Rachel Melvin(Chelsea) is another possible one too, maybe even Julie Pinson (Billie), who I'd much rather be back on the show than Lisa Rinna.  

• Members

I was happy that she was honored with Lead Actress Emmy nominations in 2013 and 2015, even though the genre had long turned its back on meaningful intergenerational storytelling. I hope we can get an on-air tribute to her before the show goes off the air for good.

• Members

Wow, very sad to hear of her loss. Another storied and iconic Daytime legend gone. RIP Peggy you and Caroline Brady will always be deeply missed. 

Please register in order to view this content

So do I! McCay did some fabulous work during the initial Parker paternity swap playing a bitter yet wicked grandmother at the time. I wish the show had never retconned it. 

Archived