Y&R Casting New Female

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Did the show deem Nate and the new girl cast for a him a failure already? 

It'd be cool if it's Devon's sister. But I doubt that. It's probably a new love interest for Devon, which is the show will write terribly trying to recreate Hilary. Look on the bright side, at least they are no longer trying to recreate Dru.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

It is now being reported by SOD that the role of Ana Devon's sister has been recast with American Idol contestant Loren Lott. Ana will first appear on November 28. It looks like "Mandy" was really "Ana" after all.

https://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/yrs-ana-coming-back/

Here are some more pics of Lauren:

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Either Mal or whomever is in charge of casting probably has heard the discussions on social media and messageboards talking about the frustration of not seeing any actors who are darker than a paper bag.  Even though MiM does not truly typify as a darker-skinned actress, there was a big hue and cry (pun intended) at the fact that there would be a void of a character that was meant to identify as black.

On this messageboard, like last year or whenever Reed was last on the show, we discussed the possibility of Ana returning and what she might look like with a recast.  Does anyone remember that?  I also remember some dismissed the notion of her returning because of the music aspect (I know some people hate when soaps do music).

Archived