DAYS: Jason47 to celebrate Susan Seaforth Hayes' 50th anniversary with special key moments

• Members
50TH ANNIVERSARY OF SUSAN SEAFORTH HAYES AS JULIE NEARS...JASON47 SET TO CELEBRATE HISTORIC MILESTONE WITH RELEASE OF SEVERAL KEY MOMENTS FROM JULIE'S LIFE...

Please register in order to view this content

Fans are in for some treats from the "Days" archives in the coming months, in celebration of Susan Seaforth Hayes' upcoming 50th anniversary as Julie in December. While fans have had access to Susan's first script from 1968 and video of Julie's wedding to Doug in 1976, other key moments in Julie's life from the 1970's have only been available in brief summaries. For the first time online, fans will now be able to read details never available before, as scripts are released for several of Susan's most historic scenes on "Days", including the day Julie was burned by fire; the time a woman told Julie that she had romantic feelings for her; and the moment when Julie met a certain, charming man in 1970.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'd love to see a special hour-long episode, just with Doug and Julie sitting over a scrapbook and having flashbacks of the past. It would not even be that expensive to produce! I doubt TPTB care much, however. We will probably get nothing.

What Julie-centric scenes from the last 50 years would everyone like to see again (or just see for the first time)?

• Members

I would love to see any scenes between SSH and Denise Alexander again.  Loved the Julie/Susan rivalry.  I'd like to see scenes during Julie and Doug's affair before he married Addie.  I would also like to see the scenes with Julie, Addie, and Doug, at the hospital when Hope was born.  I remember Julie telling Doug at the hospital nursery that Hope should have been their child.  Really, I would just love to see Julie's entire story from SSH's arrival, until Doug and Julie's second wedding in 1981.  It all fell apart for Julie (and Doug) after that. 

Thanks for posting the new synopses @JAS0N47

• Members

A few months ago, Bill Hayes tweeted dates for Doug and Julie appearances for the rest of the year.  SSH is going to be in more episodes than usual in December, so she's at least getting that.  My hopes aren't too high that she won't be doing something silly, since RC is the HW (unless Sheri Anderson was consulted more than she normally seems to be).

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members
FROM THE VAULT: SHARON GETS READY TO TELL JULIE SHE LOVES HER...
In celebration of Susan Seaforth Hayes' upcoming 50th anniversary of playing Julie in December, here's a look back at Episode # 2903, which aired May 20, 1977. In this episode, Sharon calls Julie and asks her to go antique shopping. The shopping trip leads up to Sharon confessing her love to Julie, which will be posted in an upcoming installment.
JULIE (brightly): Hello, Sharon, how are you?
SHARON: Fine. I was hoping you'd drive out to the country with me today. I've discovered a wonderful place jammed with antiques.
JULIE: Sounds tempting.
SHARON: Then say "yes."
JULIE: Yes.
SHARON: When can you get away?
JULIE: Right now. I'll pick you up.
SHARON: Great. See you in a little while.
JULIE: Yes. Goodbye.

• Members

Days should give SSH an episode like Victoria Wyndham received when she celebrated her 25th Anniversary as Rachel on AW.   The episode was filled with clips of past episodes and was well done.  Featured clips could include:

1. Tom/Alice/Julie

2. Addie/Doug/ Julie

3. Julie/ Hope

4. Julie and her rivals

5. Julie's life in peril, etc.

• Members
FROM THE VAULT: SHARON GETS READY TO TELL JULIE SHE LOVES HER...

44767703_1275031032639168_67701332834149

In celebration of Susan Seaforth Hayes' upcoming 50th anniversary of playing Julie in December, here's a look back at Episode # 2903, which aired May 20, 1977. In this episode, Sharon asks Julie up to her bedroom. In the next installment posting soon, Sharon confesses her love for Julie.

ACT SIX: FADE IN: INT. DUVAL LIBRARY 

(JULIE AND SHARON ENTER THE LIBRARY CARRYING A SMALL ANTIQUE WASH STAND)

SHARON: Let's just set it here.

(THEY PUT IT NEAR THE DOOR)

JULIE: I'll get the rest of the things.
SHARON: Okay, I think there's just the clock left.

(JULIE EXITS. SHARON CROSSES TO A TABLE, SORTS OUT SOME PACKAGES. JULIE RETURNS CARRYING A CLOCK. SHE SETS IT DOWN)

JULIE: The thing is small, but heavy.
SHARON (feeling dumb): You know I didn't even check to see if it would run.
JULIE: Swell.
SHARON: Anyone, it looks interesting.
JULIE: I have the feeling that Doug will say that about some of things I bought..."very interesting"...

(THEY LAUGH)

SHARON: It was fun though, wasn't it?
JULIE: I love to shop and all that stuff stowed in the trunk of my car proves it.
SHARON: I think you got some beautiful things.
JULIE: I do, too. I can't wait to show Doug. 'Course he'll probably hate everything.

(SHARON CROSSES TO THE LIQUOR CABINET)

SHARON: How about a drink?
JULIE: I really should be going. I'm beat. But, maybe a Sherry would perk me up.
SHARON: Good.

COMING SOON:
tumblr_ph64mhZ9qk1ugufglo1_400.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members
FROM THE VAULT: SHARON TELLS JULIE SHE LOVES HER...

Please register in order to view this content

In celebration of Susan Seaforth Hayes' upcoming 50th anniversary of playing Julie in December, here's a look back at Episode # 2904, which aired May 23, 1977. In this episode, Sharon confesses her love for Julie. In the next installment posting soon, Julie gets burned while cooking.

ACT THREE: INT. SHARON'S BEDROOM
(SHARON AND JULIE ARE STANDING BACK TO GET PERSPECTIVE ON THE SMALL, ANTIQUE WASHSTAND THEY'VE PUT IN PLACE)

JULIE: I like it there, do you?
SHARON: Yes. You picked the perfect spot for it!
JULIE (slaps her hands): Another job well done!
SHARON: You really have a marvelous eye for detail, Julie.
JULIE: Thank you. Now I have to run to what I laughingly refer to as 'home.'
SHARON: Must you?
JULIE: Doug's expecting me...
SHARON: Stay awhile longer. Just until we finish our sherry.
JULIE: Okay, and then I've really got to go.

ACT FOUR: FADE IN: INT. SHARON'S BEDROOM
(FOLLOWING. THE WOMEN SIP THEIR SHERRY. SHARON EYEING JULIE AS JULIE WALKS ABOUT ADMIRING THE ROOM)

JULIE: I love this big house of yours! I love everything about it! This room is what I've always dreamed of for a room of my own. And the bed is the absolute, positive, ultimate bed!

(SHARON GOES TO JULIE, TAKES HER HAND, SMILES AND PLUNKS HER DOWN ON THE BED)

SHARON: Take it! It's yours!

(JULIE, VERY GIRLISH, BOUNCES ON THE BED, LAUGHING)

Archived