Days:October 2018 Discussion Thread 🍂 🎃

• Members

John/Isabella were also very popular. I recall SOD saying it was inundated with mail for Marlena/Roman and John/Isabella, wanting those couples to remain together.

John as Roman and Marlena were popular in the '80s, but I think that was in part due to the built-in history established by Wayne Northrop's version of Roman. And as for John not being interesting without Marlena, he seemed to do fine when she was gone. RoJohn had fans with his pairing with Genie Francis' Diana (as a matter of fact, I recall a SOD cover with them in wedding garb; apparently, they were to marry but it got scrapped. Maybe because of the '88 Writers' Strike?), his flirtation with Yvette (remember her?), and so forth, including as John with Kate - and the mini meltdown that followed I can still remember. I think both Drake and Deidre were lessened a bit by having their characters solely defined by the other, losing their individualism. But they still have a following. Maybe because of their long history.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't remember much about RoJohn's other pairings pre-Deidre Hall coming back, but I heard him and Diana were fairly popular.  I believe John/Isabella were very popular they were meh to me,  but I would have loved to see a true Isabella/John/Marlena/Roman affair story to see how it played out.    I think the DH's have by far the strongest chemistry and would be my pick as each character's best pairing by a longshot.  They both definitely had other popular pairings.  I just don't find John super interesting in any scenes outside family and Marlena.  Marlena I find to be a much more fully developed character, but that's probably because her backstory hasn't changed 10000 times.

John/Kristen/Marlena (along with the B story of Carrie/Austin/Sami) basically carried the 90's and gave the show it's last big ratings boost.  I can see why they put them together as endgame.  

I get your point that they have been written as tied together for the last 15 plus years, but I also think the show needs that core couple to stabilize it.  There's no Bope, Steve/Kayla, Jack/Jen (currently), Mickey/Maggie to take the place of John and Marlena.  And I think it's silly to break J/M up at this point in their lives.  I am not a super hard core Days fan anymore (gave up awhile back), but I have been tuning in since their non-wedding although I have been skipping more and more episodes lately........I get why they have a following still.  Good chemistry, long history, strong family ties.  They are just easy for me to watch.

• Members

I actually like T-Boz too.  She much more dynamic than Lani who is zzzzz...

So I know this is Days, but shouldn't the cops ie Hope/Rafe be doing the leg work in this investigation?  It's seems like John is basically doing all the work on Marlena's shooting.  And is Hattie still masquerading as Marlena?  Can't they switch them back again now?  Since the Salem PD can only handle so much I think they would be fine to get away with it now.

• Members

All of this

lol

I like Lamon Archey but he's not exactly the most exciting here as Eli. I wish he brought even a tenth of the personality he has outside of the show to Eli. Lawd. Eli is SO [!@#$%^&*] boring. And so is Lani. I want to like both of them, I do, but zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz seriously. The actors aren't boring or lifeless (outside of the show), so why are their characters? Sigh.

I love me some T-Boz

Please register in order to view this content

her

• Members

Count me in as another person  who is really enjoying T-Boz as Shelia. I love how breezy and unbothered she is. I liked the way she dealt with Lani the other day. And she brightens up Eli and makes his handsome self him smile.  I enjoy their interactions.

I think there is potential for Eli, I do think they need to move him away from Lani.   (Though, I with they hadn't killed their baby.). But IMO, unfortunately they don't have chemistry and she is dull. I agree with Shelia, I don't care for the way she treats him. She treats him like he's not good enough for her.

Let him get in a storyline with Shelia where maybe they need to help each other, maybe get into some high jinks. Maybe she also has a younger sister or cousin he can date. And I could see them trying to put Shelia with Abe, especially since him and Val are having some tension do to their differing opinions on whether Lani and Eli should be together. So they could also  have Eli involved there, if Abe ends up actually torn between Shelia/Val.

Archived