Jump to content
Key Links: Announcements | Support Desk

Y&R October 2018 Discussion Thread


Recommended Posts

  • Members

I've enjoyed the last two weeks of Y&R more than I have in a long time. The actors have brought their "A" games and I am actually really loving the Rosales family. They feel like a real family to me and it's nice to see some different representation than just white rich people on the show. Kyle and Lola are fire and I'm already enjoying the Lola/Summer rivalry. I always love seeing the coven together and I'm glad that story finally seems to be moving. Eileen will be very very missed though

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by carsonfan
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Members
9 hours ago, carsonfan said:

I've enjoyed the last two weeks of Y&R more than I have in a long time. The actors have brought their "A" games and I am actually really loving the Rosales family. They feel like a real family to me and it's nice to see some different representation than just white rich people on the show. Kyle and Lola are fire and I'm already enjoying the Lola/Summer rivalry. I always love seeing the coven together and I'm glad that story finally seems to be moving. Eileen will be very very missed though

Please register in order to view this content

People say they're too stereotypical by mentioning food but Lola owns a food truck and I live around latinos and we talk food all the time. And I guess folks have never heard of Cuban tamales but Cubans do have their own version. For once it feels like the writers actually did some minor research.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

Of course, people would rip Lola because she actually is taking control of her life and career. We know self-made, independent women are the kiss-of-death on soap. It's funny because Dummer should actually be more Lola, but she's been reduced to a thirsty, blackmailing man-stealer. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

I was flipping the channels yesterday because there was nothing on tv and I saw Lola and Kyle together and I saw lots of chemistry but there needs to be more for the couple to succeed. Right away I liked her better than bland Summer. 

Edited by Soapsuds
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
22 minutes ago, edgeofnik said:

Of course, people would rip Lola because she actually is taking control of her life and career. We know self-made, independent women are the kiss-of-death on soap. It's funny because Dummer should actually be more Lola, but she's been reduced to a thirsty, blackmailing man-stealer. 

That's the thing with soaps. Women who actually go to work and have drive are considered boring and the writers don't know how to write for them unless they're raging bitches. But we're supposed to admire the schemer they have wiping down counters just to say she has a job. Summer is working as an intern yet  she's in the mix of everything in the workplace as a plotpoint to be close to Billy and Kyle.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
17 hours ago, frequentsoapfan said:

People say they're too stereotypical by mentioning food but Lola owns a food truck and I live around latinos and we talk food all the time. And I guess folks have never heard of Cuban tamales but Cubans do have their own version. For once it feels like the writers actually did some minor research.

 

I'm gonna go on ahead and guess that this would be because Angelica McD has taken a vested interest in how the Rosales' are depicted onscreen.  They are her baby and the writers could feel that their jobs are at stake if they don't get it right. 

I do wish there had been this type of drive with every character on the show over the last few years-- Y&R might not have had the huge ratings loss that it has experienced.

Edited by DramatistDreamer
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
9 minutes ago, DramatistDreamer said:

 

I'm gonna go on ahead and guess that this would be because Angelica McD has taken a vested interest in how the Rosales' are depicted onscreen.  They are her baby and the writers could feel that their jobs are at stake if they don't get it right. 

I do wish there had been this type of drive with every character on the show over the last few years-- Y&R might not have had the huge ratings loss that it has experienced.

They didn't put this type of effort into with that first Latino family they tried to create a few years back. The brother and sister comb who Abby and Noah dated. They dropped their story before it even got started. 

 

The writers still have time to turn around Nate as his introduction was a mess. Hopefully when he returns to screen soon he's done walking around town giving out advice and being in everyone's business. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
1 hour ago, frequentsoapfan said:

The writers still have time to turn around Nate as his introduction was a mess. Hopefully when he returns to screen soon he's done walking around town giving out advice and being in everyone's business. 

 

I'm still dubious about the efforts being made on this show but for those who still watch, I hope so, for their sakes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
53 minutes ago, frequentsoapfan said:

Please register in order to view this content

 

Age is a bitch, Peter Bergman didn't get nearly the same loft with that throw as he did a decade ago. 

 

I hate that they're writing this like Jack is some victim. Jack is a bastard who had this coming for decades. If anything, it's delicious it was Ashley to do it. Eileen's acting versus his was just laughably superior. The writing really failed Bergman - Jack didn't have one decent rebuttal to what Ashley said. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Community Activity

    1. 1,805

      Soap Opera Cast Lists and Character Guides- Cancelled and Current

    2. 163

      Days of Our Lives: September 2021 Discussion Thread

    3. 4,229

      Emmerdale: Discussion Thread

    4. 1,805

      Soap Opera Cast Lists and Character Guides- Cancelled and Current

    5. 163

      Days of Our Lives: September 2021 Discussion Thread

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy