Taoboi

Y&R October 2018 Discussion Thread

12 minutes ago, SteelCity said:

Oh God I hated the Mariah/Hilary crap! We didn't even see the fight! Just the aftermath, I will not count that nonsense! Sharon/Abby was not bad, I do however wish it had been longer. It's really kind of obnoxious that after all these years Sharon and Phyllis have never gotten physical, especially because Phyllis is such an irritating bitch. The chocolate bullshit, I don't count that either. I'm not really sure about budget as reason though, as we've gotten some pretty good fights between the men. I think it's more of writing choice.

I think the writers enjoy "teasing us" with the catfights now, because they know some of the longtime viewers remember how good they were, and it's like: "Nope....we are only gonna have them slap each other, and maybe shove each other, but we want to have the fight "OFF-SCREEN" :rolleyes:

sigh....and really as silly as they were, the Sharon/Phyllis chocolate fight had some promise, until they cut to commercial and then we see Kevin moping up the place...

Today was the first episode I watched in a while and I was thoroughly entertained.

Loved everything at Jabot. Loved Mariah owning Phyllis. 

Summer is a stank ho who slept with her mom’s boyfriend and aunt’s ex husband, the father of her cousins. Gross.

Edited by Antoyne

2 hours ago, Antoyne said:

Today was the first episode I watched in a while and I was thoroughly entertained.

Loved everything at Jabot. Loved Mariah owning Phyllis. 

Summer is a stank ho who slept with her mom’s boyfriend and aunt’s ex husband, the father of her cousins. Gross.

And apparently her only other option is her ex stepbrother who's mother at one time was married to her grandfather and also was hooking up with her father and who's father was also formerly her step grandfather. And people say soaps dont need unrelated newbies. 

I really really hate Kyle and it's not just his giant head and flat ass, or annoying voice and bad hair. He's just so entitled and unlikable. He's just a shell of a character and reeks of narcissism. Perhaps if this story was him playing on his anger against Nikki, and he was being the same jackass at Newman, his behaviors wouldn't bother me. I just know that I hate the character. Maybe the boy needs a damn friend!

That’s Avery’s old place, though, right? I wonder if Phyllis would ever mention it during their inevitably one-night stand.

4 minutes ago, victoria foxton said:

13 hours ago, DeeeDee said:

I don't recognize this show anymore.

Me neither, and it all feels so aimless. 

In a way Ashley's story is nice to see some sweet revenge but of course with Jack and Kyle being written as holier than thou and self-righteous jerks it is not working. Phick affair 5.0, the Rosales family being D.O.A.,  and now Sharon and Phyllis getting "I know what you did!" letters? All epic fails. 

14 minutes ago, soapfan770 said:

Me neither, and it all feels so aimless. 

In a way Ashley's story is nice to see some sweet revenge but of course with Jack and Kyle being written as holier than thou and self-righteous jerks it is not working. Phick affair 5.0, the Rosales family being D.O.A.,  and now Sharon and Phyllis getting "I know what you did!" letters? All epic fails. 

ITA with everything you said! be gone with this awful show!

Edited by YRfan23

33 minutes ago, kalbir said:

This entire week has been garbage time. I feel like someone at CBS/Sony is trying to tank the show.

Like B&B barely achieving a 2.0 for the 9/28 episode, Y&R can't even seem to nab a 3.0 at all anymore. With the soaps collapsing due to bad story decisions and The Talk now speculated in some circles to be living on borrowed time, it would not surprise me at all if some top brass has a complete makeover plan for CBS Daytime and just waiting to deny show renewals when they come up again in 2020, by at which point I'd say there's a 90% possibility both Y&R and B&B will be twice as bad in quality as they are now. 

Edited by soapfan770

I actually think Kyle and Lola have nice chemistry. And she's the most likable one in her family. But Mal is determined to pair him with Summer even though every version of that pair has been a flop with no chemistry.