Y&R October 2018 Discussion Thread

• Members

I think the writers enjoy "teasing us" with the catfights now, because they know some of the longtime viewers remember how good they were, and it's like: "Nope....we are only gonna have them slap each other, and maybe shove each other, but we want to have the fight "OFF-SCREEN" 

Please register in order to view this content

sigh....and really as silly as they were, the Sharon/Phyllis chocolate fight had some promise, until they cut to commercial and then we see Kevin moping up the place...

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Today was the first episode I watched in a while and I was thoroughly entertained.

Loved everything at Jabot. Loved Mariah owning Phyllis. 

Summer is a stank ho who slept with her mom’s boyfriend and aunt’s ex husband, the father of her cousins. Gross.

• Members

I really really hate Kyle and it's not just his giant head and flat ass, or annoying voice and bad hair. He's just so entitled and unlikable. He's just a shell of a character and reeks of narcissism. Perhaps if this story was him playing on his anger against Nikki, and he was being the same jackass at Newman, his behaviors wouldn't bother me. I just know that I hate the character. Maybe the boy needs a damn friend!

• Members

Me neither, and it all feels so aimless. 

In a way Ashley's story is nice to see some sweet revenge but of course with Jack and Kyle being written as holier than thou and self-righteous jerks it is not working. Phick affair 5.0, the Rosales family being D.O.A.,  and now Sharon and Phyllis getting "I know what you did!" letters? All epic fails. 

• Members

Like B&B barely achieving a 2.0 for the 9/28 episode, Y&R can't even seem to nab a 3.0 at all anymore. With the soaps collapsing due to bad story decisions and The Talk now speculated in some circles to be living on borrowed time, it would not surprise me at all if some top brass has a complete makeover plan for CBS Daytime and just waiting to deny show renewals when they come up again in 2020, by at which point I'd say there's a 90% possibility both Y&R and B&B will be twice as bad in quality as they are now. 

Archived