Y&R October 2018 Discussion Thread

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

When people post topics about most over-used plotlines or most over-used scenes...Y&R just did my biggest pet-peeve again - with Nick and Sharon.  They both are running to each other to "tell each other very important!  This can't wait until the wedding!  I must TELL you SOMETHING IMPORTANT."  In regard to gigantic secrets.

"Oh.  I just wanted to say I love you." 

Such a joke and so many times we've heard it.  "I just....I just.....needed to say I love you." 

And, if it were B&B, Sharon should already be in bed with and married to Rey, and Nick and Phyllis should already have been married and had another child.  Whose father could be Billy because her vagina will be teething one more time before she leaves him in one day so she bangs him before marrying Nick the next day.  Blah blah blah.  These 2 shows have gotten so bad.  B&B honestly always was.  But Y&R has taken such a nosedive - I don't care about any character on Y&R.  Maybe Ashley? 

I tune in and out.  What ever happened to the token South Asian/Indian guy Ravi?  Did he just disappear or not be mentioned anymore? 

• Members

I don't think he is totally gone...someone will have to correct me on this since I'm behind. But the last time I saw him was for the whole Jack isn't an Abbot reveal. Maybe one other time since. But he might as well be gone now that Ashley is no longer with him.

• Members

I have to laugh because I can remember that intro interview as HW that Mal did where he swore up and down that his writing wouldn't engage in those old soap tropes and stereotypes that soaps use.

Seems like his writing regime has hit almost every trope and soap stereotype one can think of (I mean, Nick tearing off a mask?  Come on!!

Please register in order to view this content

).

• Members

Speaking of Young, a former Eastenders producer who writes blog posts about his experiences with the show talked a bit recently about a time when Mal Young was insisting he make a character give birth to twins...and then when they found out another soap was having a twin story, triplets. 

He stresses that he has no problem with Young and they got along fine but it just kind of makes me see why we are now getting incredibly stupid stories like "OMG JACK AND VICTOR ARE BROTHERS!!!" that a 10-year old would have written in a fan fiction back in 1985.

https://walfordweb.com/battle-of-bianca-s-baby-t354578.html

• Members

So the sets problem is so bad that Victor and Nikki spend all their time slumming at the GCAC or Crimson Lights?

i can understand Traci visiting Lily in jail because of Colleen, but to get information on dealing with Billy’s addiction? Why not talk with Neil?

Archived